Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all,I would like to find out if MDE application control is capable of the following:-Monitoring of process launch attempts Can processes be blockCan... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Laurence Myall, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control

Hi all,I would like to find out if MDE application control is capable of the following:-Monitoring of process launch attempts Can processes be blockCan processes be defined by fingerprint/hash Process exclusion based on argument regex string File read/create/delete/write attempt monitoring Is DLL Load monitoring possibleCan processes be monitored whilst allowing further rules to be analyzed continue processing other rules Can log events including severity Can notify user of policy actionsCan processes be monitored based on wildcard expressions Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

:)

Laurence Myall, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on iOS is now generally available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1962420

Download: Microsoft Defender ATP on the App Store

Brink, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Easo Win User
    Windows Defender vs. "cleaner or optimizer applications"

No one usually publicly says what AV they use. But, oh well, my own. 2k+ endpoints. Last bad experience was... 2.5 years ago, IIRC.
    Microsoft itself? 130k, if I am not mistaken. Eating their own dogfood on a massive scale.

You can also check r/sysadmin. The topic about what AV do you run floats around pretty often, someone always mentions Defender (or, well, mostly SCEP due to SCCM use, which is the same Defender, just controlled centrally).

4. AnkushDeb Win User

Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control

I would like to remove device from Microsoft Defender for Endpoint portal

I would like to remove device from Microsoft Defender for Endpoint portal without running any script on the end PC. The end PC is no more active but still showing in the ATP Portal. Need suggestion

AnkushDeb, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control

1. Microsoft Defender Endpoint Application Control - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Endpoint

2. Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager: Hello,I'm currently testing Defender as our AV solution to replace a 3rd party one. I have the connection to Intune setup and I've onboarded my test devices.I've also created an AV policy including a daily full scan at 10am.It's now almost 5pm, in the Defender portal my...
  3. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - MpAsDesc.dll Error

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint - MpAsDesc.dll Error: Dear All,Need an advice on below error, while trying to install the Defender for endpoint package. I get the below permission issue on few machines. I tried restarting, thru CMD mode installation, Provided full permission on the folder, used domain admin account, also...
  4. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  5. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  6. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Configuration profile problem - Microsoft Defender Application Control

Configuration profile problem - Microsoft Defender Application Control: Hi there,I was testing around with the "Application control code integrity policies" in Microsoft Defender Application Control in Endpoint protection.After deployment, I realized, that the policy corrupts certain MSI and win32 apps deployed via Endpoint Manager.After...
  8. URL for Microsoft Azure defender endpoint

URL for Microsoft Azure defender endpoint: Hello, At current i want to allow my server access to Microsoft Azure defender endpoint . I already downloaded URL excel file from you site. but it included so many URL with *.abc.com. So our firewall not support this type. May i use the url www.microsoft.com for allowing our...
  9. microsoft defender for endpoint

microsoft defender for endpoint: Hi fam, please help Microsoft Defender for Endpoint does not show alerts at all. please help what might be the problem. * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-for-endpoint/1dfa5bbd-396a-4cb9-9f2d-d55ae4c1cf2c
  10. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server: Hello, I've been struggling to find this information and decided to post this here. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint formerly MDATP has the capability to isolate registered devices via a click in the MDATP portal. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is now also available for...