Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, As I told in subject I have 1 exe file. I scan the exe file through Microsoft Defender and it finds a Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B . So I decided to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LenLaa, Mar 11, 2021.

1. LenLaa Win User

Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find

Hello,

As I told in subject I have 1 exe file. I scan the exe file through Microsoft Defender and it finds a Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B . So I decided to try also VirusTotal and see which other Virus Protector Applications see virus inside. However , I found a very strange thing which is , Microsoft Defender in VirusTotal result was different than my computer result. I asked also to Administrator of this game and they told this is false positive , and I also checked with my brother and he has also Microsoft Defender , and his Microsoft Defender does not find. Can anyone clarify or help me with situation

? Please see also images as below.

Many thanksMicrosoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find [​IMG]

:)

LenLaa, Mar 11, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Mar 11, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

I'm the unofficial computer guy for my family.

Up until now I have used microsoft defender or security essentials on everyone's computers.

I have tried to teach them how to avoid getting viruses but they still end getting infected.

It seems defender just isn't very good and today was the final straw.

My aunt called me because her computer was not working and when I looked at it it had a full blow ransomware virus.

The virus was running with the message demanding ransom up on the screen and defender had done nothing to stop it.

So now I'm here asking if there is a better option?

I would prefer free but if i have to go with something paid i'll make my family members pay for it or tell them to stop calling me. *Laugh :laugh:

Eric_Cartman, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find

1. Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Finds

2. Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one: Yesterday morning running Win11 I got a Defender notice that Trojan:Win32/WinLNK!msr was found. I directed Defender to "Start Actions" and when done I rebooted. Still got the Threat Warning,I then ran each time rebooting before trying the next step the Windows Defender Quick...
  3. Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one: Yesterday morning running Win11 I got a Defender notice that Trojan:Win32/WinLNK!msr was found. I directed Defender to "Start Actions" and when done I rebooted. Still got the Threat Warning,I then ran each time rebooting before trying the next step the Windows Defender Quick...
  4. Microsoft defender is insisting that powershell.exe is a trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender is insisting that powershell.exe is a trojan: I've already ran a few scans, quick, full, offline, i've also restored back to a previous point. It still keeps saying that powershell.exe is a trojan....
  5. Unable to find Microsoft Defender

Unable to find Microsoft Defender: Hi there, for 2 days now, i cant see microsoft defender in the system tray, i even have the real time protection on. Pls help[Original Title: Microsoft defender]...
  6. Microsoft Scanner in Virustotal detects a threat while Defender on local client does not detect

Microsoft Scanner in Virustotal detects a threat while Defender on local client does not detect: Hi Guys,My Boss got a phishing email with a trojan maybe ransomware. Strange thing: Neither Exchange Online Protection we have Office 365 E3 nor the Defender on our Clients does detect it. But I opened it with notepad an I see a document.write with some URI encodings. So I...
  7. Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?

Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?: does window security remove trojans [Original Title: viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-removes-trojans/8ffbd65e-03b3-4481-b63c-db4d9461139e
  8. Microsoft Defender Detects powershell trojan

Microsoft Defender Detects powershell trojan: everytime i boot up my machine, windows defender detects this: CmdLine: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command Invoke-WebRequest -URI https://iplogger.org/1hTS97 i remove it, but it justs keeps coming back, is there a fix for this?...
  9. Microsoft defender ตรวจจับ Trojan ของโปรแกรม Powershell

Microsoft defender ตรวจจับ Trojan ของโปรแกรม Powershell: Microsoft defender แจ้งว่าตรวจพบ trojan:win32/tiger!plock จากโปรแกรม Powershell ในเครื่อง แต่ไม่สามารถสั่งลบออกไปได้ ไม่ทราบว่าจะแก้ปัญหาอย่างไรได้บ้างครับ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender/45e9e091-5dec-40b4-9360-afaa6f94f1f5"
  10. Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader": For the past week Defender has been going off for a TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff or TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.C!ams. I'm not sure how to stop this happening, I don't download random email attachments or anything like that but the description of it seems to suggest that's...