Windows 10: Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions

Discus and support Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all My game League of Legends, it is not on the Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions, and yet I can play it. All my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EmilDK, Jan 18, 2021.

1. EmilDK Win User

Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions

Hello all

My game League of Legends, it is not on the Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions, and yet I can play it. All my other games is on the list. This is the case on both my laptop and main PC.

How can this be?
    Have I somehow granted it access in some other way?

Thanks in advance for replying

Best regards

:)

EmilDK, Jan 18, 2021
  2. joelshort Win User

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list.

From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall". One of the apps in question is already listed and I need to continually enable it through the Public connection. But the rule doesn't stick.

Another app is missing from the list so I manually add it, and things work fine for that session. If I restart the system and go back to these rules, the manually added app is no longer in the list, and the already present app in the list has again reverted to Private only. I have to constantly reset these.

Why won't these apps stick in the allowed apps, and how do I fix it?

joelshort, Jan 18, 2021
  3. joelshort Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly.

What I'm trying to do is use Teamviewer to remotely control an Intel NUC via the NUC IP address on a local area network. If I add Teamviewer to the list of apps through the firewall it works fine, but upon restart I cannot login to the NUC with Teamviewer and upon investigation the app is missing from the firewall approved apps.

This is with Windows 1809.

I have a second NUC running Windows 1803 and it does not have this problem.

Any thoughts?

joelshort, Jan 18, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Allow app through firewall

Hi Natasha

Click your Start Button and just type firewall

From the resulting list, choose 'Windows Defender Firewall'

That will open the Firewall section of the old Control Panel

On the left, click 'Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall' to begin the process . . .

Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions 745c3793-f778-4319-a9de-f183caab634c?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender firewall

2. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  3. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.: I can't allow applications through firewall in the Window Defender Firewall even though I logged in as an Administrator. I have tried changing the group policies and resetting to default firewall settings. I do not have third party anti-virus software or firewall software....
  4. Can't allow applications through firewall in Windows Defender Firewall.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow apps to communicate through windows defender firewall: Hi,Can someone clarify something for me as simply as possible ?Can I disable WLAN Service- WFD application services Platform Coordination Protocol and WLAN Service- WFD Services Keenel Mode Driver Rules from “list of allowed apps to communicate through Windows defender...
  6. Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions: Hello all My game League of Legends, it is not on the Microsoft Defender firewall list of allowed apps and functions, and yet I can play it. All my other games is on the list. This is the case on both my laptop and main PC. How can this be? Have I somehow granted it access...
  7. Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app throughtg the Windows Defender Firewall: Windows is not allowing the Harrisgeospatial IDL through the firewall. [ATTACH] Any ideas to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-throughtg-the-windows-defender/8802c33f-b880-4e0f-ad35-421ea023d52d
  8. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears

Windows Defender Firewall - Previously allowed APP disappears: I'm having an issue with Defender firewall. I manually allow an app through the firewall on both public and private networks. The app works fine. When I restart the computer the approved app is no longer listed and the app does not work properly. What I'm trying to do is...
  10. Windows Defender Firewall: Unknown app entries in the "Allow apps to communicate..." section

Windows Defender Firewall: Unknown app entries in the "Allow apps to communicate..." section: As the subject suggests, there's a list of unknown app source entries in the list. I wish to find out if these entries are legit or otherwise, but don't know how, and I was wondering if anyone could help me figure this out. The first 8 entry names in the list start with a...