Windows 10: Microsoft Defender hacked?

Discus and support Microsoft Defender hacked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a microsoft employee named Alex Gorev with an ID of MS9211? Microsoft Defender warned that my computer was hacked and I was directed to call... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeborahWhittle-Bowser, May 6, 2021.

1. Microsoft Defender hacked?

Is there a microsoft employee named Alex Gorev with an ID of MS9211? Microsoft Defender warned that my computer was hacked and I was directed to call Gorev.

:)

DeborahWhittle-Bowser, May 6, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 6, 2021
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, May 6, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Defender hacked?

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender hacked?

1. Microsoft Defender hacked? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender hacked

2. Microsoft Account was hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account was hacked: On January 1st my Microsoft account was hacked. The hacker changed my email, alias email, password and removed my security details.I have gone through support numerous times and have only managed to get the account suspended. I recently went on a live chat and explained my...
  3. Hacked Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked Microsoft Account: My wife's Microsoft account was hacked through our daughter's use of MineCraft. Our daughter unknowingly provided a code to a hacker and then the hacker added their email to the account and removed our email address to the account which was my wife's email address. I/we have...
  4. Microsoft Account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  5. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  6. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked and the email changed to a rambler address. I keep trying the account recovery form, but to no avail. As a precautionery measure I made sure 2FA was set up on all my other accounts including paypal. But....what I hadn't realised was that...
  7. Microsoft Defender hack possible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender hack possible: My wife is using her laptop with MS Windows 11 and getting a message that she should call a number to get her security straightened out due to a Defender hack. We don't trust the number listed so what number can we call from Microsoft to get tech support?...
  8. Microsoft Defender hack possible

Microsoft Defender hack possible: My wife is using her laptop with MS Windows 11 and getting a message that she should call a number to get her security straightened out due to a Defender hack. We don't trust the number listed so what number can we call from Microsoft to get tech support?...
  9. Microsoft Account Hacked

Microsoft Account Hacked: Hello and Happy Holidays all -My original Administrator Microsoft Account was hacked. Although I completed the required Form to reinstate my Account, the response from Microsoft indicated that I did not provide enough information to reinstate it. This is puzzling. Since the...
  10. Hacked Microsoft acct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hacked Microsoft acct: I was reading your article "How to check if your Microsoft account has been hacked" And it tells me to "See when and where you've used your account" Ive checked the Activity but it only goes back to 7/31/2019. BUT I JUST want to see it from at least date 1/1/2019 How do...