Windows 10: Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.

Discus and support Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've tried to open windows defender for a total system scan after some weird behavior with my mouse randomly moving without me touching it. I just... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SaarZur, Apr 16, 2021.

1. SaarZur Win User

Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.

I've tried to open windows defender for a total system scan after some weird behavior with my mouse randomly moving without me touching it.

I just can not open windows defender AT ALL.

I've also tried to update Windows for it's last version but the its spewing:

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80080005

In yellow text it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes"

Please help.. I Don't want to format my PC again.

:)

SaarZur, Apr 16, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Apr 16, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

4. Arctucas Win User

Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all.

What the hell, windows defender?

Big Brother knows what is best for you, why do you resist?

Arctucas, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender icon not working , I think that Windows defender is not working at all. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender icon

2. Microsoft Defender Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Not Working: Whenever I try to run a quick scan or anything related to windows defender, it says "Your IT administration has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information" Please help...
  3. Microsoft Defender Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Not Working: Whenever I try to run a quick scan or anything related to windows defender, it says "Your IT administration has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information" Please help...
  4. Defender not working on the this

Defender not working on the this: Bustsed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-not-working-on-the-this/81313d5a-c29b-4914-8a63-df1fc4ff8f24
  5. Microsoft Defender Not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Not working: The windows security is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-not-working/5b3c393d-813d-463d-8084-a7252350dca6
  6. Microsoft Defender Not working

Microsoft Defender Not working: The windows security is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-not-working/5b3c393d-813d-463d-8084-a7252350dca6
  7. Microsoft Defender Not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows Defender Not Working at all

Windows Defender Not Working at all: I got on my computer one day and the day before Windows Defender was working and then when I logged on the next day it was gone. It wasn't in show hidden icons or anything so I go into windows security via windows search and I get a screen that only has the words "Security at...
  9. Microsoft Defender is not working .

Microsoft Defender is not working .: I can't see anything on windows security page. I can't run a scan. please see the photo and please help me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-not-working/73c202bc-44b2-4998-b1c7-acb0adf87a05
  10. Defender is not working

Defender is not working: when I open my defender it shows this problem after clicking "virus and threat proctection" [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-is-not-working/368a6b3d-892d-411f-b7bb-cf9d35c446dc