Windows 10: Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status

Discus and support Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Defender, originally known as Microsoft Security Essentials, has been around for some time in its current form and it’s getting better with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 19, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status

Windows Defender, originally known as Microsoft Security Essentials, has been around for some time in its current form and it’s getting better with every Windows 10 release.

On Windows 10, Microsoft has integrated Firewall, Family Safety, Performance & Health and other features into the Windows Security app. Microsoft Defender takes your security very seriously and it’s also most commonly used antivirus in the enterprise world, according to Microsoft.

Windows Defender is also updated regularly with new data definitions and security improvements. In fact, Windows 10’s last feature update called ‘version 2004’ included new security features, such as Potentially Unwanted Apps (PUA) protection.

In the latest antivirus report, Windows Defender was once again rewarded as one of the best options when it comes to protecting your PC without any significant impact on the system performance.

For the second time in a row, Windows Defender has been ranked the top product in AV-Test’s latest report. For those unaware, AV-TEST is an independent organization based in Germany that evaluates and rates antivirus products for Windows.

In the company’s ‘best antivirus software for Home Users’ report for August 2020, Windows Defender has received a perfect score in three key categories – performance, protection and usability.

Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status Windows-Defender-rating.jpg
    Image Courtesy: AV-TEST

The report is based on the samples collected in July and August. The highest score of 18 was achieved by 8 antivirus products, which includes Windows Defender.

The German company also noted that Windows Defender blocked all 0-day malware attacks and widespread and prevalent malware. These results from AV-TEST is another proof that Windows 10’s built-in antivirus is able to keep the latest threats at bay and Microsoft efforts are paying off.

But do you still need to use third-party antivirus software? It depends. If you want protection for the traditional virus, Windows Defender is good enough – there’s no bloatware and it won’t slow you down because it’s integrated into Windows 10.

Some users may still want to try third-party solutions for anti-malware, anti-exploit, and other advanced solutions.

The post Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 19, 2020

2. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Oct 19, 2020
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status

1. Microsoft Defender maintains its best Windows 10 antivirus status - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender maintains

2. What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)

in Windows 10 News
    What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?): Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you...
  3. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed: As you can see, As you can see , my microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed and Whenever I open my windows security it says, 'your IT administartor has limited access over some apps '.On top of that, I am sure i dont have any antivirus program running on my laptop...
  4. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed: As you can see, As you can see , my microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed and Whenever I open my windows security it says, 'your IT administartor has limited access over some apps '.On top of that, I am sure i dont have any antivirus program running on my laptop...
  5. My microsoft defender antivirus shows its was snoozed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Defender is amongst the best antiviruses for Windows 10, Windows 11: Windows Defender, which comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and Windows 11, is amongst the best antiviruses in 2021. That’s according to AV-TEST, which is an independent IT security institute that performs various tests to rank antivirus programs based on performance, security...
  7. Microsoft 10 Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft 10 Defender Antivirus: I am planing on moving to PC from MAC. But I never had to worry about Antivirus on MACs so I am clueless when it comes to what I should get or do when it comes to Antivirus solutions. If anyone can help me with picking a good machine and the best Antivirus software that would...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status: I'm currently on Windows 10 - 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try to enable the real time protection nothing happens. I'm currently on Windows 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try...
  9. Defender achieves best antivirus status.

Defender achieves best antivirus status.: Thought I would share this Windows Defender Achieves 'Best Antivirus' Status 138051
  10. Best antivirus for Windows 10

Best antivirus for Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding antivirus programs on windows 10 - though this will also extend to windows 7 and windows 8.1. My new windows 10 laptop came preinstalled with McAfee, and the trial has almost expired - hence, I uninstalled McAfee because it likes to...