Windows 10: Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

Discus and support Microsoft Defender marketing strategy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I'm new to this board, please forgive and support any errors of procedure. Switched on my computer for the first time today this morning.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveJonesXQ, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

Hi

I'm new to this board, please forgive and support any errors of procedure.

Switched on my computer for the first time today this morning.

immediately frantic collection of panels came up all purportedly telling me my computer was possibly compromised and that it had been locked out pending my call on a dedicated support number. I made the call and was guided through an elaborate system of handler and technician with plausible case numbers call handler and eventually to a tech rep who led me through my computer files. He pointed out one listing which appeared to show that I had been attacked some 2,500 times since September sometime and that my normal antivirus programme Mc Afee was not addressing this problem: Apparently MS is no longer recommending this or Norton as fit for purpose. My computer had Mc Afee installed when I bought it from Dell. The process continued to buying into the MS Defender AV set up. I was alarmed to see that I was actually being guided to another company outwith Microsoft to buy this software. So now I become nervous. The vendor name for billing purposes is "All IT HELP". I then asked why, and was told that this company did all MS AV software and was the sole provider of Defender software. Really spooked now. Backed out, and promised to call them back after I had investigated further.

Can anyone out there help me to decide whether to proceed?

Thanks

Songboy

:)

SteveJonesXQ, Dec 4, 2020
  2. miucci Win User

5800 Marketing Strategies

It's been a while since all the 5800XM users think that they'll NEVER see any kind of update for their phone.

The marketing strategy is pretty simple:

No updates---> **bleep** phone---> i buy a new one.

Nokia know that this strategy ALWAYS works. I always bought a nokia (since the 3330) because of their quality and features.

Why this post?

I saw this
    N97 new firmare

i wanna ask to someone INSIDE the nokia team: Is there any hope to see any kind of improvements for the 5800XM?

Any kind of comment is welcome.

Thanks

miucci, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile and its Marketing Strategy!!! Don't avoid this issue Microsoft & All lumia Phone Users

Recent online data informing us Microsoft have no focus about his Windows Phone Business in Asian market. They will focused only in USA, UK and Europe in future. But surprisingly the world most fastest growing Mobile Phone Market is China,Indonesia,India
    and Bangladesh. All tech giant putting emphasizes on Asian Market but Microsoft is in reverse position!!!

1.Now my question is that is this effective and realistic marketing strategy about Windows Phone from Microsoft??

2.Is not Microsoft itself killing Windows Phone by his wrong strategy??

abu saeed rony, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender marketing strategy

1. Microsoft Defender marketing strategy - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender marketing

2. My backup strategy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    My backup strategy: I clone the primary SSD onto the clone one via Macrium. About once a month. Sometimes more often if major changes take place. Then I test it extensively make sure I can boot off of it. Furthermore, have a second machine that's clone of the primary machine, hardware and...
  3. Backup strategy advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup strategy advice: Hi there, I would like to ask some of you for advice on how to make better backups for my Windows 10 PC. Right now I have the file history tool set up for important things like documents and such. However, there's also some stuff that I don't need to be saved in multiple...
  4. Microsoft changes its Cortana strategy, drops features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft changes its Cortana strategy, drops features: Microsoft announced plans yesterday to change the digital assistant Cortana into a tool that is focused on "productivity" and more closely aligned with the company's vision for Microsoft 365. Cortana, which Microsoft introduced in Windows 10 when it launched the operating...
  5. Windows Defender has a market share of 50%

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender has a market share of 50%: Microsoft integrated the security solution Windows Defender Antivirus deeply in the Windows operating system. It is enabled by default on the company's Windows 10 operating system so that it can protect devices from the moment they are booted for the first time. Previously,...
  6. More changes coming to Microsoft's Windows as a Service strategy

in Windows 10 News
    More changes coming to Microsoft's Windows as a Service strategy: Microsoft is continuing to tweak its Windows as a Service updating and patching strategy. Company officials announced some of the latest adjustments during last week's Ask Me Anything (AMA) about Windows as a Service on the Microsoft Tech Comunity site. Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft May Already Have a Reliability Strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft May Already Have a Reliability Strategy: With reliability issues unexpectedly dogging the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, I recently questioned whether Microsoft needed to make major changes to its servicing model. But with the update still rolling out in a measured fashion, I’m beginning to wonder if this isn’t all...
  8. Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft expands cross-platform services strategy: [img] In a mobile-first, cloud-first world, it’s devices that enable all the experiences to come together for consumers, businesses, developers and IT. Working with our partners, Microsoft has helped enable an amazing breadth of devices running Windows, desktop and mobile...
  9. Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Windows 10 update strategy is showing strains?: Analysts argue that Microsoft should cut the number of Windows 10 upgrades in half and pledge to support each version for 24 months. Windows 10's rapid release machinery and short-lived support schemes showed some strain in 2017, as Microsoft reduced the number of annual...
  10. Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Microsoft's build-a-bot strategy: Microsoft Research, its Developer Experience team and its Applications and Services Group are all building out pieces of the company's evolving bot platform. Here's what's under the hood. Tomorrow, Facebook is expected to roll out new bot-related programming interfaces and...