Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi !I've just try to do a scan with WDO twice. It seems to end at 91% scan lasts around one minute, and I can find no trace of the scan/log either in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gratgrat, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Gratgrat Win User

Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History

Hi !I've just try to do a scan with WDO twice. It seems to end at 91% scan lasts around one minute, and I can find no trace of the scan/log either in Protection History or in the Event Viewer.Help, anyone ?

:)

Gratgrat, Jun 6, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

I'll give this thread a little bump and explain what I have tried so far to no avail. After hours of extensive reading about how WDO and now Microsoft Defender Offline scans are not working for some since as far back as 2017 for Windows Defender Offline, I had removed all remnants of Malwarebytes from my registry in an attempt to see if any of those entries were conflicting with the Microsoft Defender Offline Scan.

No dice!

The second thing I tried was a Restore Health function with the DISM command and it reported a successful operation and still the Offline scan won't initiate. Yes, I rebooted after the DISM Restore Health Command.

No Dice gain!

Some articles suggested a repair install; but honestly at this point, if sfc /scannow isn't flagging anything and my OS is completely operational with no Event Viewer Errors and no Reliability History issues of any kind (especially Critical Events) I really can't justify using a repair install that probably will not fix it either.

I mean I literally have no indication that any corruption exists anywhere throughout the OS; yet something that worked before the Cumulative Update is now broken and not a peep of it has been mentioned in any documentation that I came across lately that it is a known issue with the November 11th Cumulative Update for systems on 20H2.

Sure I could restore a full backup image I have to prove that Microsoft Defender Offline Scan worked prior to the update; but who would really be interested in that proof?

I don't understand why this feature was broke on some systems since 2017 and mine remained immune until just now.

So I would really like to hear suggestions if anyone knows how to get this feature working again on this latest Version and Build listed under my Avatar.

Thanks to any and all who have knowledge about how to fix this or if they heard a rumor that this is another feature that is being done away with and I just haven't heard yet.

EyeInTheSky, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History

1. Microsoft Defender Offline scan : no log in Protection History - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Offline

2. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  3. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  4. Window defender offline scan logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pmWhy is each logs saying configuration has been change and how do I tell if the window defender is successful in the scan since after it finish it just reboot my pc like normal I checked my current threats the :Last scan is 5:09 Am...
  5. Offline scan history

Offline scan history: Hi, I just did an offline scan and realised that my "last scan" was a quick scan done several weeks pior. Is it normal that offline scans don't appear as the "last scan" or did something go wrong?...
  6. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  7. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  8. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I recently performed the offline scan to make sure my system is running well. I run it a few times but rather than it taking 10-15 minutes, the scan takes about maybe no more than 2 minutes to run before restarting again.So my question is, is it normal/okay for the offline...
  10. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I can't get the Windows Defender Offline (Excuse me, it is now known as Microsoft Defender Offline) scan to start. I tried it from PowerShell, I've tried it from CMD Prompt both with administrative rights and I've even tried from the GUI of the program itself. I had read...