Windows 10: Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working.

Discus and support Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run Microsoft Defender Offline Scan, it restarts my computer, a blue screen appears showing the starting of the scanner. But just after a few... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChinmoyRajorshiDip, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working.

When I run Microsoft Defender Offline Scan, it restarts my computer, a blue screen appears showing the starting of the scanner. But just after a few seconds it quits off and does not scan. It restarts into windows. When I ran it before, a GUI of Command line interface came after that screen showing the progress of the scan. And it took about 15 minutes or more before it restarts into windows. I am using the same device and the same third-party antivirus is installed which I had at the time the scan succeeded and now it fails. My computer has device encryption enabled and I suspend the protection for my system drive When I scan through Bitlocker settings in control Panel. I am running an insider preview of windows Build:19042, Beta channel.

:)

ChinmoyRajorshiDip, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working.

Windows 10 - Defender Offline Scan not working

Hi,

Following the thread, the concern regarding Windows Defender offline scan not working properly seems to be related to a software conflict. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build is running on your device? Type winver in the search box and press
      Enter to help us identify.
    • Did you get any error messages when performing the scan? If yes, attach a screenshot on your next post.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working.

1. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Offline

2. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working: Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not workingKindly help me solve this problem or any kind of solution?see this video in the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0oH76Vdy0OS: Windows 10 Version: 22H2...
  3. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working: Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not workingKindly help me solve this problem or any kind of solution?see this video in the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss0oH76Vdy0OS: Windows 10 Version: 22H2...
  4. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  6. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  7. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I recently performed the offline scan to make sure my system is running well. I run it a few times but rather than it taking 10-15 minutes, the scan takes about maybe no more than 2 minutes to run before restarting again.So my question is, is it normal/okay for the offline...
  9. microsoft defender offline scan not working

microsoft defender offline scan not working: i found threats via scan using microsoft product and when i gave remove --> start action it doesnt actually ,so i tried to perform offline scan using scan option. it is poping with "it will take 15 mins to restart" ,but after when i press scan it is dumb and it is not doing...
  10. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I can't get the Windows Defender Offline (Excuse me, it is now known as Microsoft Defender Offline) scan to start. I tried it from PowerShell, I've tried it from CMD Prompt both with administrative rights and I've even tried from the GUI of the program itself. I had read...