Windows 10: Microsoft defender question

Discus and support Microsoft defender question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question: I didn‘t notice that the microsoft defender tamper protection feature was disabled. So if I had a virus/malware, could it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maxim_092, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Maxim_092 Win User

Microsoft defender question

Hello, I have a question: I didn‘t notice that the microsoft defender tamper protection feature was disabled. So if I had a virus/malware, could it manipulates/tamper the microsoft defender detection system so it can‘t find that virus anymore? Even though I enable this feature now, will be the microsoft defender detection system „damaged“ so it can‘t find that virus anymore?

[moved from German forums]

:)

Maxim_092, Aug 8, 2019

2. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 8, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft defender question - Similar Threads - Microsoft defender question

2. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  3. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  4. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?: Microsoft Defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-question-what-is-the-difference/b5406c67-be31-42d0-9be8-0a0cb308415f
  6. microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved?: Microsoft Defender question. What is the difference in Defender between delivery resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-question-what-is-the-difference/b5406c67-be31-42d0-9be8-0a0cb308415f
  7. Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licence question: Hi!We have Microsoft 365 Business Standard licences for 43 users and we bought Microsoft Defender for Office 365 licences plan 1 for 2 users two weeks ago.Now it seems to us that all Defender plan 1 settings are available for our all 43 users. Am I right? We bought only 2...
  8. Asking question about Microsoft Defender

Asking question about Microsoft Defender: If I do not install any third-party antivirus software on my windows 10 pro PC, can only Microsoft Defender able to protect my PC from any virus attack. Please clear my confusion....
  9. Question about Microsoft Defender

Question about Microsoft Defender: Will Microsoft release a mobile version of Microsoft Defender for consumers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-defender/515acd9e-9db4-4cca-a8f1-7c7cf3e5773f
  10. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Why would the Virus & threat protection say "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"? This is a "standalone" surface pro and not part of a network....