Windows 10: Microsoft Defender reinstall

Discus and support Microsoft Defender reinstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security and want to use Microsoft Defender as my primary virus protection. Even after uninstalling Kaspersky, under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MC_2022_201, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender reinstall

I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security and want to use Microsoft Defender as my primary virus protection. Even after uninstalling Kaspersky, under Virus & threat protection and firewall menus Kaspersky still shows. Can I restore the original security setting on my system back to Microsoft Defender so Kaspersky no longer shows?

:)

MC_2022_201, Sep 24, 2022

2. How reinstall windows defender

Hello LucianN1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

1. Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2. On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.

3. Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.

If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Window defender from services.msc.

1. Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.

2. Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.

3. Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.

I also suggest you refer to the link down below.

URL:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Sep 24, 2022
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Defender reinstall

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender reinstall

1. Microsoft Defender reinstall - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender reinstall

2. i need to reinstall microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to reinstall microsoft defender: My microsoft definder is broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reinstall-microsoft-defender/c676e684-0491-443b-981e-2734665aac8b
  3. i need to reinstall microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to reinstall microsoft defender: My microsoft definder is broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reinstall-microsoft-defender/c676e684-0491-443b-981e-2734665aac8b
  4. i need to reinstall microsoft defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Is there a way to reinstall Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to reinstall Microsoft Defender: Hello.I was recently trying to do some things which MS defender wasn't exactly okay with. Sorry about that And while trying to solve this I think I accidentally deleted Microsoft Defender. And this was not any normal uninstallation. I had uninstalled the registry key and the...
  6. Is there a way to reinstall Microsoft Defender

Is there a way to reinstall Microsoft Defender: Hello.I was recently trying to do some things which MS defender wasn't exactly okay with. Sorry about that And while trying to solve this I think I accidentally deleted Microsoft Defender. And this was not any normal uninstallation. I had uninstalled the registry key and the...
  7. Microsoft Defender reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender reinstall: I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security and want to use Microsoft Defender as my primary virus protection. Even after uninstalling Kaspersky, under Virus & threat protection and firewall menus Kaspersky still shows. Can I restore the original security setting on my system...
  8. Microsoft Defender reinstall

Microsoft Defender reinstall: I have uninstalled Kaspersky Total Security and want to use Microsoft Defender as my primary virus protection. Even after uninstalling Kaspersky, under Virus & threat protection and firewall menus Kaspersky still shows. Can I restore the original security setting on my system...
  9. How to Reinstall Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reinstall Windows Defender: I'm currently running on the latest Fall update by Windows.. I also uninstalled Windows Defender. How do I reinstall it? submitted by /u/JeffSycks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k89orn/how_to_reinstall_windows_defender/
  10. How to reinstall Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall Windows Defender: I got malware and removed it with kaspersky but I think it removed defender becouse everytime I open it its blank and I can't find a place to reinstall submitted by /u/killerkalfa [link] [comments]...