Windows 10: Microsoft Defender USB Scan

Discus and support Microsoft Defender USB Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Microsoft Defender have the ability to automatically scan a USB drive as soon as its plugged in via Real-Time scanning?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZWebb, Feb 13, 2019.

1. ZWebb Win User

Microsoft Defender USB Scan

Does Microsoft Defender have the ability to automatically scan a USB drive as soon as its plugged in via Real-Time scanning?

:)

ZWebb, Feb 13, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 13, 2019
  3. GgrabbOne Win User
    How to scan USB devices using Windows Defender

Thank you LML-VA, your suggestion worked perfectly.

GgrabbOne, Feb 13, 2019
  4. JoeJY Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender USB Scan - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender USB

2. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  3. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: So my PC can go into BIOS mode and be stuck there for some time even following some guidelines from the Internet. I was worried that my PC has a malware since when I opened an app it jitters and lags for a couple of seconds. When I looked into Microsoft Defender Offline Scan,...
  4. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scan folder with Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan folder with Microsoft Defender: When I click the option for "Scan with Microsoft Defender" in Windows Explorer, this page pops up.Any idea why and what i can do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scan-folder-with-microsoft-defender/e4445960-b975-4018-ac55-94a3f3909771
  6. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I recently performed the offline scan to make sure my system is running well. I run it a few times but rather than it taking 10-15 minutes, the scan takes about maybe no more than 2 minutes to run before restarting again.So my question is, is it normal/okay for the offline...
  7. Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: I can't get the Windows Defender Offline (Excuse me, it is now known as Microsoft Defender Offline) scan to start. I tried it from PowerShell, I've tried it from CMD Prompt both with administrative rights and I've even tried from the GUI of the program itself. I had read...
  8. Windows Defender scanning USB Drive

Windows Defender scanning USB Drive: Does windows defender scan devices connected to the PC such as USD drive? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scanning-usb-drive/412c4d3b-97d1-49b0-8ff2-6d19d09c9fdf
  9. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks,...
  10. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks, 116003

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scan a removable drive using defender on windows 10 right click