Windows 10: Microsoft Defender web content filtering in Kiosk Mode

Discus and support Microsoft Defender web content filtering in Kiosk Mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Experts,Need your help for this special kind of a requirement. We have Microsoft Defender. We are trying to test Web content filtering in Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RamS7, May 17, 2022.

1. RamS7 Win User

Microsoft Defender web content filtering in Kiosk Mode

Hello Experts,Need your help for this special kind of a requirement. We have Microsoft Defender. We are trying to test Web content filtering in Windows 10 machines. Device type: Windows 10 with Kiosk mode.. Issue: We have Windows 10 OS installed in dual mode C:\Drive and D: drive, One OS is enabled with Kiosk Mode where our Web content filtering is not working.. I mean even though we block some sites with defender, we can still access all blocked sites in Kiosk mode.Other scenario tested already tested: Same web content is blocked in Dual OS installed Windows 10 Machine without Kiosk Mode.A

:)

RamS7, May 17, 2022

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2022
  3. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

Hi,

We understand your concern, as you are looking for an option to enable power button shutdown for KIOSK mode.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on KIOSK Mode to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 17, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Kiosk browser Employee Web Portal

Hi Lee,

I understand that you want to create a kiosk with one particular URL. I would suggest you to check the article on

Deploy Microsoft Edge kiosk mode
    and see if that helps you.

However, the ideal forum to post on this query would be
    TechNet forums
    , where we have experts and support professionals to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft Defender web content filtering in Kiosk Mode - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender web

2. Windows 11 doesn't work with Microsoft 365 Defender Web content filtering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't work with Microsoft 365 Defender Web content filtering: Microsoft Intune serves as our device management platform. We've set up compliance and configuration policies for our devices. Everything works fine with Windows 10. However, we recently upgraded a few Windows 10 devices to Windows 11.However, Windows 11 devices no longer...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't work with Microsoft 365 Defender Web content filtering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't work with Microsoft 365 Defender Web content filtering: Microsoft Intune serves as our device management platform. We've set up compliance and configuration policies for our devices. Everything works fine with Windows 10. However, we recently upgraded a few Windows 10 devices to Windows 11.However, Windows 11 devices no longer...
  4. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  5. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  6. [Microsoft ATP Antivirus] Web content filter doesn't work on windows devices and fail to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Microsoft ATP Antivirus] Web content filter doesn't work on windows devices and fail to...: Hello guys,i'm currently having problems with ATP windows solution for AV.Recently we migrated from bitdefender endpoint solution to ATP for windows because of integration and benefits that involves our azure AD.I used intunes onboard method where i configure a security...
  7. Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge and Kiosk Mode.: Here at my staffing agency, we are trying to put out our applications on some computers in the front of the office for our candidates to apply/register on. We are trying to do this with Kiosk mode on the Windows platform. The issue being one of the computers updated the Edge...
  8. KIOSK MODE

in Windows 10 Customization
    KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  9. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  10. Microsoft content restrictions web

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft content restrictions web: Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome. what am i missing ? thanks in advance...