Windows 10: Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe

Discus and support Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, How can I go about getting my work's website cleared as safe from Microsoft Defender? We have a PDF plugin on our website www.soundsgoodchoir.org... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KelseyC88, Jun 25, 2020.

1. KelseyC88 Win User

Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe

Hi,

How can I go about getting my work's website cleared as safe from Microsoft Defender? We have a PDF plugin on our website www.soundsgoodchoir.org and for some of our singers when they try to openthis specific page the Microsoft Defender warning pops up. Our singers are mostly older/elderly adults, so they aren't really tech-savvy enough to bypass this popup window. Is there a way we can request our website or this page at least to be marked safe? Please note I don't have Microsoft Defender so I'm not able to see the pop up window.

Thanks,

Kelsey

:)

KelseyC88, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Ethan B. Win User

Privateemail.com reported as unsafe by Windows Defender SmartScreen

Hey VincentKie,

I'm not quite with Microsoft but hopefully I can help. Edge does return as this site being unsafe on my end as well, but I can access it just fine in Chrome. Maybe it was so that people reported this as an unsafe site through Windows SmartScreen, but in other
    browsers you could access it just fine, their filters don't seem to make this site out as unsafe.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Ethan B., Jun 25, 2020
  3. Privateemail.com reported as unsafe by Windows Defender SmartScreen

Dear Microsoft,

I have been using my work email on this website privateemail.com

But today this website was reported as unsafe by Windows Defender. Is this true? Maybe you could shed some light on this?

I've been using the email for many years now and did not have problems until now.

Below screenshot for your reference:

Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe 56c0efef-f992-440d-8e20-955c11a9c72a?upload=true.jpg

VincentKie, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe

Privateemail.com reported as unsafe by Windows Defender SmartScreen

Hey Ethan B.,

Thanks!

I have also accessed it via Chrome and the same unsafe report came on. I'm using Windows 10 by the way - could that be the reason?

VincentKie, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe

1. Microsoft Defender wrongly reporting site as unsafe - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender wrongly

2. I am getting an error that this site has been reported as unsafe. :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting an error that this site has been reported as unsafe. :: My verified-referrals.com website is constantly giving the error "This site has been reported as unsafe" even though it has not been more than 1 week since it was established. I've searched many methods including virus scanning and I'm greeted with a red screen even though I...
  3. I am getting an error that this site has been reported as unsafe. :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am getting an error that this site has been reported as unsafe. :: My verified-referrals.com website is constantly giving the error "This site has been reported as unsafe" even though it has not been more than 1 week since it was established. I've searched many methods including virus scanning and I'm greeted with a red screen even though I...
  4. Windows Defender SmartScreen reported my site as unsafe

Windows Defender SmartScreen reported my site as unsafe: Hey there, I have been running a site for over a year now and all of a sudden Windows Defender SmartScreen started showing my site as unsafe for my Edge/IE users. I am 100% sure the site has no malware or is unsafe as I am the core developer of the site. The homepage is fine,...
  5. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users: We are experiencing this for more than two months now.We are a US-based small business with established services including Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure Cloud Services, etc with Microsoft.SharePoint Online site is used to collaborate with our global clients.Recently...
  6. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users: We are experiencing this for more than two months now.We are a US-based small business with established services including Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure Cloud Services, etc with Microsoft.SharePoint Online site is used to collaborate with our global clients.Recently...
  7. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen reporting a SharePoint Online site is unsafe to SOME users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Defender reports evernote.com as unsafe

Microsoft Defender reports evernote.com as unsafe: Hello,Microsoft Defender blocks my access to https://evernote.com the official website of Evernote saying it is reported as unsafe.For real????P.S: I know how to bypass the warning and access it. That's not what I'm asking....
  9. Windows Defender Smartscreen website reported as unsafe

Windows Defender Smartscreen website reported as unsafe: I run a membership site on https://theclasslife.com/ and my members are reporting Windows Defender Smartscreen is blocking them from accessing the site. see attached [ATTACH] How do I get this removed as there are no threats on the site? Thanks!...
  10. W 10 Defender says "This Website Reported Unsafe", but it's not

W 10 Defender says "This Website Reported Unsafe", but it's not: Hello; a website I've gone to often, www.karensbakery.com , has recently been flagged in RED by Defender SmartScreen, says "This Website Reported Unsafe, threats to your computer.....", and you cannot proceed. When I called them to tell them, they said no problem there, many...