Windows 10: Microsoft Defender

Discus and support Microsoft Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to run the Off Line scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender/caac8c68-7648-442e-b01c-1a81af08fa9d Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by saadsoliman, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Microsoft Defender

How to run the Off Line scan?

:)

saadsoliman, Jan 20, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Jan 20, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Defender

1. Microsoft Defender - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender

2. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  3. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  4. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  6. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  7. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  10. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question