Windows 10: Microsoft Defender

Discus and support Microsoft Defender in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can I delete files in backup folder in definition updates in Microsoft defender?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EstherEmily, May 16, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender

Can I delete files in backup folder in definition updates in Microsoft defender?

:)

EstherEmily, May 16, 2022

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 16, 2022
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, May 16, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender

1. Microsoft Defender - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender

2. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update: I have seen where there is an issue with Windows 10 and Defender not updating. I have the same problem with Windows 11. When I try to update I get error code 80070714. I have tried a multitude of fixes but nothing seems to work....
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I was also installing 'Microsoft Defender Antivirus' Windows Security? Correct?...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I also installed Microsoft Defender Antivirus? Correct? However during format I...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Cannot Connect For Updates: HelloI'm a 70 year old user and was using Microsoft Security Essentials in my older Desktop with W7 Pro. Now I have a new Desktop with Windows 10 Pro and its my understanding when I formatted, I also installed Microsoft Defender Antivirus? Correct? However during format I...
  6. Microsoft Defender deigning access to websites at PC startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender deigning access to websites at PC startup.: I have a program Google Chrome that at startup time, retrieves web pages and formats them for display. Today, Microsoft Defender flagged about 7 of the 24 pages sites as bad. These sites included my email, Metservice.com 2 NZ weather site, Health.govt.nz, and 3 game sites....
  7. Microsoft Defender deigning access to websites at PC startup.

Microsoft Defender deigning access to websites at PC startup.: I have a program Google Chrome that at startup time, retrieves web pages and formats them for display. Today, Microsoft Defender flagged about 7 of the 24 pages sites as bad. These sites included my email, Metservice.com 2 NZ weather site, Health.govt.nz, and 3 game sites....
  8. Can I download Microsoft Defender without a 365 subscription on windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I download Microsoft Defender without a 365 subscription on windows 11 home: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. I was wanting to now Does Microsoft Defender work on windows 11 pcs or do I have to have a 365 subscription in order to use the new Microsoft defender on my windows 11 pc.I read about the new defender on windows central so I was...
  9. Can I download Microsoft Defender without a 365 subscription on windows 11 home

Can I download Microsoft Defender without a 365 subscription on windows 11 home: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. I was wanting to now Does Microsoft Defender work on windows 11 pcs or do I have to have a 365 subscription in order to use the new Microsoft defender on my windows 11 pc.I read about the new defender on windows central so I was...
  10. Microsoft Defender 101.70.18 Problem on MacOS 12.4

Microsoft Defender 101.70.18 Problem on MacOS 12.4: For the second time in a month, I've had Defender behave very strangely, where it tries to install an update, it can't successfully install it, then it won't let me restart the machine. I did a hard reset so my machine would launch, and it functions, but Defender does not....