Windows 10: Microsoft Defender

Discus and support Microsoft Defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I delete files in backup folder in definition updates in Microsoft defender?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EstherEmily, May 16, 2022.

1. Microsoft Defender

Can I delete files in backup folder in definition updates in Microsoft defender?

:)

EstherEmily, May 16, 2022

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 16, 2022
  3. R-T-B Win User
    Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, May 16, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microsoft Defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Defender

1. Microsoft Defender - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender

2. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  3. How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602...: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.407.521.0 - Current Channel Broad has been popping up in my Updates for months now. Every time I click download & install, it downloads and installs ... No Error message, sometimes it even...
  4. Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender: This among some other issues:Action needed warning under App & browser control- but when clicking on it, the window will show for a couple of seconds and then crash never loading fully.Getting an error message in Windows Security- "Your IT administrator has limited the access...
  5. Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender

Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender: This among some other issues:Action needed warning under App & browser control- but when clicking on it, the window will show for a couple of seconds and then crash never loading fully.Getting an error message in Windows Security- "Your IT administrator has limited the access...
  6. why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-defender-is-asking-me-to-get/680776e3-0ce0-4d38-9b4a-e738422b33f3
  7. why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...

why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-defender-is-asking-me-to-get/680776e3-0ce0-4d38-9b4a-e738422b33f3
  8. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  9. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans: I'm adding rocket league to the exclusions from Microsoft defender anti-virus scan. I click add an exclusion, then I select the rocket league app and click open. After that, It doesn't show up in the exclusions. When I try to run the game, the anti-virus still blocks rocket...
  10. Add rocket league to exclusions from Microsoft Defender Anti-virus scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security