Windows 10: Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Later this month, Microsoft will be delivering Windows 10 to consumers around the world but one feature that was previously announced, will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10

Read more: Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10

Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Change Location where New Apps will Install and Save to in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2015
  2. Abhinav D Win User

Install Apps on SD Card

I am a Lumia 820 user and have the problem of storage issue eventhough i am using Sd Card for media purposes I donot have much space on my phone to install big sized games. Android has the feature to install apps to SD Card or it has the feature to transfer
    the apps to SD Card. Are you in a process of installing this type of feature in the Microsoft windows phones as we donot have much space on the phone to install our apps. So I request you please check on this issue and provide a software update so that we
    too can avail that feature...

Abhinav D, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Abhinav D Win User
    Install & Transfer Apps to SD Card

I am a Lumia 820 user and have the problem of storage issue eventhough i am using Sd Card for media purposes I donot have much space on my phone to install big sized games. Android has the feature to install apps to SD Card or it has the feature to transfer
    the apps to SD Card. Are you in a process of installing this type of feature in the Microsoft windows phones as we donot have much space on the phone to install our apps. So I request you please check on this issue and provide a software update so that we
    too can avail that feature...

Abhinav D, Jul 17, 2015
  4. magilla Win User

Interesting. I had tried to install Win 10 on an SD card (256 GB variety) and the system (I thought) would not see the drive as a viable place to install Windows 10!

magilla, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Because the SD card is flagged as removable media

6. This will be good for those that have a tablet with very limited storage.

alphanumeric, Jul 18, 2015
  7. John035 Win User
    Hmm, backward feature again.. Windows phone 8.1 has supported this.. But, with larger storage on most phone, this feature is good, but not so important.. Still better than ios that does not even support SD card, to give apple more run for money.

John035, Jul 19, 2015
  8. Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10

I wonder if this can be used on a desktop to move programs to a second internal drive?

FuturDreamz, Jul 20, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    I bought a 10" Windows tablet for a family member at a very good price, it only had 16GB and came with MS Office. I had to set it up and update it etc, I think there were over 100 updates. Then I decided to install MS Office, it struggled for a while then told me there was not enough room available, even though I had put a 16GB SD card in it.
    I cleaned everything I could but no go, and there's no way to put it on the SD card, looks like I'll have to wait till MS makes this feature possible.

BillyBob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft delays feature to install apps on an SD card with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft delays feature

2. Windows Installation using SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installation using SD Card: Today i was trying to boot my laptop with sd card windows 10 but when i click on custom install it shows no drives to install windows. i tried to install it to my old pc there drives were detected but not in this laptop.it shows load drivers option any way to fix it...
  3. Windows 10 SD CARD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 SD CARD: Can you update Windows 10 with a SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sd-card/097be191-4914-4006-8d5e-647252425016
  4. SD Cards and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD Cards and Windows 10: I just purchased this laptop. Already HATING windows 10. Can't seem to find a way to get it to read my SD cards. The system also crashes when surfing with Microsoft edge. This is so frustrating! Thinking of selling it and buy the one thing I hate more than windows 10, a MAC...
  5. SD Card Not Importing on Windows 10 Photo App

SD Card Not Importing on Windows 10 Photo App: I know there are other questions out there similar to mine, but none of the answers were not helpful to me and did not fix my problem. My SanDisk SD card will not import photos to the Photo app on Windows 10. Before it did not recognize that there was even a device to import...
  6. Install windows apps on SD card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install windows apps on SD card: Is there a way to install apps from the Microsoft store on an SD card? My son has this HP stream laptop with only 32gb storage that he received for his birthday. He would like to install more apps so I suggested a 128gb SD card to expand the storage. submitted by...
  7. Installing or relocating Windows 10 to an SD card

Installing or relocating Windows 10 to an SD card: I have small fan-less mini PC i use as a media server. I believe it runs a Quad core Intel Atom processor and has 2 gig of ram. It only has 32 gig of on board storage. With each successive update of WIN 10 I loose more and more free space and the unit slows down. It has an...
  8. Installing Apps from SD card

Installing Apps from SD card: I'm running W10 on my desktop, and will shortly be getting a new laptop, a HP Envy 13. I have a fair amount of software that came on CD/DVD, and obviously I could get an external DVD RW for not much money and install MS Office 2010, Lightroom 5 etc. from the DVD media. But...
  9. Using an SD card to install?

Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...
  10. Installing Windows 10 using SD card

Installing Windows 10 using SD card: Hi all, apologies if this has been asked many times before - I couldn't find anything conclusive, which leads me to believe that it's a non-starter, which I find hard to believe! I have a 32gb tablet running 64 bit windows 8.1, Intel celeron 1.6ghz, 2gb mem ram - it has a...