Windows 10: Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

Discus and support Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ron.A, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Ron.A Win User

Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!

:)

Ron.A, Aug 5, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 5, 2022
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Microsoft deleted files

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  6. Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?

Downloads Folder just deleted all files randomly?: I don't know what happened, but I was just checking to look for something in my downloads folder and a notification popped up saying something along the lines of the folder being unavailable. I have some seriously important files in downloads so I went looking through the web...
  7. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  8. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  9. Delete all file and folders in OneDrive

Delete all file and folders in OneDrive: I have made several changes to the devices on my network and my OneDrive is now in a confused mess.I would like to remove all files and folders and remove all syncing, effectively restoring OneDrive to the as installed condition.How can I do this?...
  10. ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED

ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED: All my files and folders have been deleted on my PC and whenever I save a document, it gets deleted when I switch off the PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-and-folders-deleted/c18ae88f-af6d-4b28-a521-0f1168f0f6de"