Windows 10: Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

Discus and support Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls . I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tbeloyal, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Tbeloyal Win User

Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls .

I created an account a few months back When i filled it out the personal details was not correct - I was in a rush and it was silly of me . Anyways i did not remember my twitter account was linked to it and just recently it was compromised. I tried to contact yourselves and provided ACCURATE details ie - The 3 emails addresses i would have sent communications to . I also provided ACCURATE TWO passwords which will have been used for that account. Plus i provided an ACCURATE subject title of the email i sent . But still Microsoft escalation team have rejected my form.

This has been going on for 4 days - all the communications i have had with your advisors have been nothing but EXTREMELY unprofessional . They have just reiterated what i told that all i have and they have been sending me round in circles. They even wanted to do some troubleshooting - which the system is not the issue. The Escalation Team just seems to hellbent on not providing me with my account back and i need some advice *cry

:)

Tbeloyal, Nov 29, 2018
  2. pmennen Win User

Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems pretty ridiculous but once I did it a dozen times I could do it without even looking it up. I just installed win10 on two of the computers in my network and when I tried to access shared folders I ran into the dreaded window that asks for a username and password. Usually this means you just screwed up one of the dozen or so networking settings that have to be just right, but after going over it many dozens of times I figured out that this was a new problem related to the fact that I now have a microsoft account. When the win10 installation suggested I create such an account it seemed harmless enough ... but big mistake! I wasted many hours in getting the file sharing to work. I didn't even know what user/password it wanted but it turns out I had to enter my Microsoft account username and password before the file sharing would work. So if a friend brings over his laptop and I want to share folders with him, not only do I have to give him my wifi password but I also have to give him my Microsoft account password!!! Does Microsoft really think people want to do this? I'm sure not, which means there is probably something basic I am missing. Can somebody explain this crazy state of affairs?

pmennen, Nov 29, 2018
  3. pmennen Win User
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

Perhaps you are correct about that. I once had a program that allowed me to see what was underneath the asterisks or bullets that appear in place of the passwords. Maybe windows has gotten more secure lately, and this trick no longer works?

Still it would have been nice if Microsoft told me that this would be a consequence of creating a Microsoft account during the windows 10 installation. Then I may have skipped that step, or even if I had signed up for the account it wouldn't have confused me when windows networking requested a password for situations where one wasn't needed in the past.

Thanks for the reply linw.
    ~Paul

pmennen, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account - Similar Threads - Microsoft deliberately making

2. Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account: This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls . I created an account a few months back When i filled it out the personal details was not correct - I was in a rush and it was silly of...
  3. hey my update is making me sick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hey my update is making me sick: hello so ibought a new pc and it was running win 10 when i went to download update it installled other update but not the 1803 verison. and when i downloaded the fall creatores update my system restarted and working on update sudduly it restarted the third time this it...
  4. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......
  5. Fix my Microsoft Account

Fix my Microsoft Account: Ever since I did the 1607 update I am getting a message to "fix" my Microsoft account so that apps can use other devices. I have always used a local account to log in. What is it actually asking me to do? Thanks. 58707
  6. Problem with my Microsoft account

Problem with my Microsoft account: I don't use a password to log into my Win10 computer, but I believe something asked me to change the password on my Microsoft account about 6 months ago (which I did). Ever since then, I get a notification popup every few days that says: "You need to fix your Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...
  8. Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?

Why does my user keep asking me to "sign into my microsoft account"?: Its one of those security and maintenance alerts that pops up in the action center every time I restart. When I click it takes me to settings but I've already verified my ID so there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I'd appreciate any ideas... 43307
  9. Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?: I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems...
  10. Cortana - Microsoft makes me terrified to use Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana - Microsoft makes me terrified to use Cortana: (Listen Up Microsoft heads.) I can't use Cortana. I cannot actually bring myself to open Cortana. It's sad really because I have been a PC Artificial Intelligence Freak since Virtual Personalities came out with Sylvie (Verbots) and Zabaware came out with Ultra Hal in the...