Windows 10: Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

Discus and support Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls . I created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tbeloyal, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Tbeloyal Win User

Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls .

I created an account a few months back When i filled it out the personal details was not correct - I was in a rush and it was silly of me . Anyways i did not remember my twitter account was linked to it and just recently it was compromised. I tried to contact yourselves and provided ACCURATE details ie - The 3 emails addresses i would have sent communications to . I also provided ACCURATE TWO passwords which will have been used for that account. Plus i provided an ACCURATE subject title of the email i sent . But still Microsoft escalation team have rejected my form.

This has been going on for 4 days - all the communications i have had with your advisors have been nothing but EXTREMELY unprofessional . They have just reiterated what i told that all i have and they have been sending me round in circles. They even wanted to do some troubleshooting - which the system is not the issue. The Escalation Team just seems to hellbent on not providing me with my account back and i need some advice *cry

:)

Tbeloyal, Nov 29, 2018
  2. pmennen Win User

Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems pretty ridiculous but once I did it a dozen times I could do it without even looking it up. I just installed win10 on two of the computers in my network and when I tried to access shared folders I ran into the dreaded window that asks for a username and password. Usually this means you just screwed up one of the dozen or so networking settings that have to be just right, but after going over it many dozens of times I figured out that this was a new problem related to the fact that I now have a microsoft account. When the win10 installation suggested I create such an account it seemed harmless enough ... but big mistake! I wasted many hours in getting the file sharing to work. I didn't even know what user/password it wanted but it turns out I had to enter my Microsoft account username and password before the file sharing would work. So if a friend brings over his laptop and I want to share folders with him, not only do I have to give him my wifi password but I also have to give him my Microsoft account password!!! Does Microsoft really think people want to do this? I'm sure not, which means there is probably something basic I am missing. Can somebody explain this crazy state of affairs?

pmennen, Nov 29, 2018
  3. pmennen Win User
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

Perhaps you are correct about that. I once had a program that allowed me to see what was underneath the asterisks or bullets that appear in place of the passwords. Maybe windows has gotten more secure lately, and this trick no longer works?

Still it would have been nice if Microsoft told me that this would be a consequence of creating a Microsoft account during the windows 10 installation. Then I may have skipped that step, or even if I had signed up for the account it wouldn't have confused me when windows networking requested a password for situations where one wasn't needed in the past.

Thanks for the reply linw.
    ~Paul

pmennen, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account - Similar Threads - Microsoft deliberately making

2. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  3. Microsoft Account is difficult to work with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account is difficult to work with: I have two email addresses, and not long ago, I was having trouble logging in to my MS Account. All previous MS emails were going to one address, so I changed my profile to reflect this, and got a confirmationSomething is now messed up, as when I tried to log in, first the...
  4. Is Microsoft deliberately making Windows 11 bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Microsoft deliberately making Windows 11 bad?: I feel like they are and I wouldn't be surprised considering that the world is ran by Satanic pedophiles. Why all of the bugs? Why so many issues with this OS? All it would take is a SINGLE skilled programmer to solve every last one of these issues..So why is Microsoft hiring...
  5. Is Microsoft deliberately making Windows 11 bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Microsoft deliberately making Windows 11 bad?: I feel like they are and I wouldn't be surprised considering that the world is ran by Satanic pedophiles. Why all of the bugs? Why so many issues with this OS? All it would take is a SINGLE skilled programmer to solve every last one of these issues..So why is Microsoft hiring...
  6. Report: Microsoft makes it difficult to create local accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Report: Microsoft makes it difficult to create local accounts in Windows 10: Windows admins have options to create local or Microsoft Accounts when it comes to the operating system. The initial setup after installation pushes the Microsoft Account option but it was possible up until now to create to a local account instead. Microsoft has made it more...
  7. Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Microsoft make it difficult to complain to Microsoft, about Adobe making it so...: With just about any other program, I would simply go and uninstall the program from Windows ad/remove - most good programs will also include their own uninstaller. But not so for Adobe CC and this is not good. I tried using the normal/standard Windows interface, I went to...
  8. Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft deliberately making it difficult for me to obtain my account: This comes as a result of 4 days of share and utter frustration and annoyance at the handling of my issue from 14 online staff and 4 calls . I created an account a few months back When i filled it out the personal details was not correct - I was in a rush and it was silly of...
  9. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...
  10. Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account makes networking more difficult?: I've been using standard networking since win95, when it was so easy anybody could do it. It keeps getting more difficult. I had to learn in Win7 that you had to type in a permission name that wasn't even in the list "Everyone" and grant it the desired permissions. Seems...