Windows 10: Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

Discus and support Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Noticed that near 100% of my bandwidth is going to DoSvc a few days ago and have gone through every fix I could find online with no resolution.My PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuaazSuliman, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

Noticed that near 100% of my bandwidth is going to DoSvc a few days ago and have gone through every fix I could find online with no resolution.My PC is not receiving data from other PC's There aren't any locally.It is set as a metered connection.And there is nothing to be downloaded from the MS StoreI can't manually kill this service because it just auto restarts a few seconds later. I need to constantly disconnect the machine from the internet because it eats my limited mobile data.Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

MuaazSuliman, Oct 19, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Windows update Delivery optimization is a Microsoft service that takes care of updates (windows + Microsoft Store Apps).

There are 2 things you can do to solve this problem:

1. Stop Windows update delivery Optimization:

• Go to Settings
    • Click on Update & Security
    • Click Advanced Options
    • Click on Delivery Optimization
    • Set Slider(Allow Downloads from other PCs) to off

2. Disable Automatic App updates from Microsoft Store:

(Note: Doing this will stop you from getting any updates from Microsoft Store. However, you can do this manually. These apps include Groove music player, mail, Movies & TV etc.)

• Go to Microsoft Store
    • Go to menu
    • Select Settings
    • Set slider(Update Apps automatically) to off
    • Restart your device

Harsh_Ajudia, Oct 19, 2021
  3. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization (DoSvc), so i did the following:

• disabled delivery optimization in windows setting.( didn't work)
    • disabled " allow downloads from other pc" (didn't work)
    • disabled delivery optimization service in service.msc ( worked but after the next boot up it came back again)
    • disabled automatic update in window and windows store. ( didn't work)
    • used windows firewall for delivery optimization to stop accessing the network ( it worked but it restricted my whole computer to use network, including browsers, i dont know why is that?)
    • used every other tutorial available on internet, but this DoSvc is not in mood of saving my data bill

and yes, I have updated my windows to most latest version ( perhaps it is what causing the problem) so don't suggest me to update.

please help!

SHUBHAMMAURYA4, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

How does Windows Delivery Optimization detect the bandwidth available?

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In the heart of the Windows kernel there is a networking stack. It contains a suite of algorithms that would determine the available bandwidth.

You can use the PowerShell cmdlets to monitor the delivery optimization.
    Get-DeliveryOptimizationStatusreturns a real-time snapshot of all current Delivery Optimization jobs. For more information, I would suggest you
    to refer to the article: Set up Delivery Optimization for Windows 10 updates

Additional info:

If you have further queries, I would suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    well equipped with the knowledge on Delivery Optimization.

Junaid_A, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

1. Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading - Similar Threads - Microsoft Delivery Optimizer

2. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization: Service Host: Network service - Delivery optimizationDisabled under Delivery optimization in windows update settings, set to disabled in services, disabled in regedit. and it turns itself back on how can I turn this off permenantly i have horrid internet and even a fraction...
  3. Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading: Noticed that near 100% of my bandwidth is going to DoSvc a few days ago and have gone through every fix I could find online with no resolution.My PC is not receiving data from other PC's There aren't any locally.It is set as a metered connection.And there is nothing to be...
  4. Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Delivery Optimizer will never stop downloading: Noticed that near 100% of my bandwidth is going to DoSvc a few days ago and have gone through every fix I could find online with no resolution.My PC is not receiving data from other PC's There aren't any locally.It is set as a metered connection.And there is nothing to be...
  5. Microsoft Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Delivery Optimization: Hello guys I'm an iT in a company so I have more than 40 PC's and when the windows 10 update comes to, the bandwidth become so low, i was searching for a solution and I found Delivery Optimization so I read about it and I understand how it's work but i still have some...
  6. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: How to remove it ? submitted by /u/Dhrubadey50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lk66rw/delivery_optimization/
  7. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: What is Delivery Optimization? Why does it use +60% of my bandwith? Is it ok to disable this Service from Services app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/1db2fca0-4273-407a-b29b-1fdab04bb281
  8. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization: After some hours today following multiple troubleshoots to get the Windows Store to speed up, I've encountered another problem that could be the answer to the first problem. This menu called Delivery Optimization that I've read here and there helps Microsoft Store download...
  9. Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery optimization: Does file and printer sharing need to be on to enable Delivery optimization? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delivery-optimization/e4df484b-e821-4e10-9471-6fadba20656e
  10. Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delivery Optimization: My network is a single computer with an ethernet connection to the internet. Is there any particular reason why I should keep Delivery Optimization turned on? My internet search has left me more confused than anything else, but I get the sense that it is likely not doing...