Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have bought the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have been having some issues on my PC. The motherboard is MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dodancs, Oct 12, 2019.

1. dodancs Win User

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

Hello.

I have bought the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have been having some issues on my PC. The motherboard is MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi.

It has both a wifi and a bluetooth module built in.

I have tried this so far:

• Go to Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel Wireless Bluetooth -> Power Management -> uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device
    • Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers -> Designer Bluetooth Keyboard -> Hardware -> Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device -> Change Settings -> Power Management -> uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device (same for the mouse)
    • Update to the latest drivers
    • Check Windows Update for any updates

Nothing helped.

If I leave my keyboard or mouse untouched for around 10-20 seconds, it goes to sleep, and then when I type something I have to wait around 3-15 seconds for it to wake up and reconnect, and in the meantime the whole computer freezes (like a video playing stops moving) and then everything goes back to normal when the connection is re-established.

This drives me nuts and it really lowers my productivity.

How can this issue be fixed? Is it a windows problem, the designer peripherals problem or the motherboard manufacturer / bluetooth driver provider fault? I mean, the settings are set to not shut down the bluetooth device and still, it goes to sleep so often.

:)

dodancs, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Patson Go Win User

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Ricky.Lopes, Oct 12, 2019
  4. PeterDeak Win User

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Original title: Designer Bluetooth Desktop

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home, 32 bit and a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse. I'm unable to connect via Bluetooth. When pairing is active on the devices, Bluetooth is just "turning around" and no pairing or connection... Thanks to give some
    ideas

Regards, Peter

PeterDeak, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Bluetooth®

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard...

Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard...: Dear Team, when will Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center be updated to include support for Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard & Mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center-support-for/dd030d3b-b15e-49bc-8e5b-27492d5d2100
  6. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  7. Bluetooth disconnects too quickly

Bluetooth disconnects too quickly: Using OnePlus Bullets 2 and Bose QC35 II headphones with Windows 10. Both work perfectly if I'm playing something non-stop. If I instead listen to something which has frequent pauses, such as Firefox Text-to-Speech feature, the audio will cut out frequently. Whenever there...
  8. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  9. Screen goes to sleep too often

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes to sleep too often: On my Win 10 Pro (version 1909) I have the screen turn off time set to 20 minutes and the PC sleep time set to 2 hours. I would assume these times are times of continuous no use. However, even when I am in the middle of typing something, the screen sometimes shuts off....
  10. PC sleeps too quickly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC sleeps too quickly.: I am using WIN10, latest update. However this problem has existed from the beginning of installing WIN10. I will be working, and move away from my PC for maybe two minutes and the PC will be sleeping. I have changed the time to remain on all the way from 15 minutes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. designer keyboard and mouse problems

2. microsoft designer keyboard and mouse going to sleep