Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been using my compact keyboard for quite some time now. However, I have a new device that I want to add to use with it. However, I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tigriopus, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Tigriopus Win User

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

I've been using my compact keyboard for quite some time now. However, I have a new device that I want to add to use with it. However, I can only connect between 2 devices at a time. But I should be able to do this with 3. I can connect all 3 devices by overwritting a placement say channel 1, I can have my laptop, tablet or main pc, and then swap to a different one, and same with channel 2. But I simply can not access the third channel/device on the compact keyboard to program in an additional device. Once connected everything works fine, its simply the fact I should have 3 devices to swap th

:)

Tigriopus, Dec 6, 2022

2. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard No Longer Connecting To Any Devices

Hi there,

First of all sorry if this post is in the wrong category... I had no idea what to put as it's an issue with a Microsoft bluetooth keyboard...

I have been using the wireless Designer Compact Keyboard by Microsoft for a few months now.

Recently it will no longer connect to any device at all. I know how to connect it, the bluetooth light flashes on the keyboard, but it does not show in the bluetooth lists of ANY device (including Windows laptops, MacBooks, phones...).

I have been using it for my MacBook pro recently, but after using it on a different MacBook (which was also plugged into an external display) it no longer works properly.

I have replaced the batteries in the keyboard to ensure it's not a battery issue, but it still will not show up as a bluetooth device anywhere.

I've done all the basic troubleshooting like turning off and on, doing some research online, double checking the instructions, but it just will not show up anywhere when the bluetooth light is flashing on the keyboard. Any help would be appreciated!

Rebecca Jacobs, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard No Longer Connecting To Any Devices

Hi Rebecca, my name is Neil, and I'm a Windows 10 user like you.

Sorry you're having trouble with your Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard.

First of all, can you remove the batteries from the keyboard and leave it for 10 minutes. After removing the batteries, press a few of the keyboard keys to make sure no errant power remains.

Can you make sure that you are using the latest driver for your keyboard by downloading the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/mouse...

Put healthy batteries back in your keyboard.

Slide the switch on the bottom of your keyboard to turn it on. Your keyboard will automatically enter pairing mode and the LED light will flash. If it doesn't, press and hold the pair button on the top left of your keyboard for 5 seconds or until the LED light starts to flash.

On your PC, select "Connect" if a notification appears on-screen for your keyboard, then wait for it to get set up.

If you don't see the notification:

Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth > Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard > Done.

If you are still unable to connect after this, let me know.

Kindest regards,

Neil

Smug Puppy, Dec 6, 2022
  4. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

Bluetooth connection problem with Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard

I recently bought the Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard, it pairs to my Win10 laptop but doesn't connect and doesn't work. Unpairing, re-pairing, updating all the drivers, and restarting BT services didn't solve the problem. The keyboard connects and works fine with other laptops, other BT devices connect and work properly with my laptop.

Abdulla001, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

1. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Compact

2. Microsoft designer compact keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard: On the keyboard, number 1 and number 2 have a pairing light, but no matter how much I press the f1 key, the number 3 pairing light doesn't come on, and it goes straight from number 2 to number 1. Please solve it.*** moved from Games & Xbox / Hardware & Networks / Controllers...
  3. Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected: I have Designer Compact Keyboard which works fine on Linux system on the same machine. However, on windows 11 it pairs and works fine the first time but when doing system reboot, it just pairs but doesn't connect. I also have Microsoft ergonomic mouse which works fine after...
  4. Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected: I have Designer Compact Keyboard which works fine on Linux system on the same machine. However, on windows 11 it pairs and works fine the first time but when doing system reboot, it just pairs but doesn't connect. I also have Microsoft ergonomic mouse which works fine after...
  5. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.: I've been using my compact keyboard for quite some time now. However, I have a new device that I want to add to use with it. However, I can only connect between 2 devices at a time. But I should be able to do this with 3. I can connect all 3 devices by overwritting a...
  6. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Allowing 3rd Device.: I've been using my compact keyboard for quite some time now. However, I have a new device that I want to add to use with it. However, I can only connect between 2 devices at a time. But I should be able to do this with 3. I can connect all 3 devices by overwritting a...
  7. Designer Compact Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  8. Designer Compact Keyboard

Designer Compact Keyboard: Does the Designer keyboard shut down after a time or do I have to slide the switch on the back each time I stop using it for an extended period? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/designer-compact-keyboard/c7240c06-9f22-47a3-b119-93fab650818b
  9. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Switching Between Devices

Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard Not Switching Between Devices: Hello everyone,I bought Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard lately and linked three devices to keyboard. Everything works fine but when I close all the linked devices and only turn on the third device, the keyboard doesn't connect to third device. F1 button is blinking on the...
  10. Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working: Hi,I have a Surface Pro 5th Gen and I connect an external monitor and keyboard so I can use it as a desktop. The Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard has all of a sudden stopped working. The Bluetooth light still flashes but I cannot get it to connect to my surface pro. I can...