Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had the issue with the Designer keyboard going to sleep for months, and have just put up with it. I am using a TP-link usb dongle for bluetooth.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DJZ31, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DJZ31 Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix

I have had the issue with the Designer keyboard going to sleep for months, and have just put up with it. I am using a TP-link usb dongle for bluetooth. Despite searching the net for a solution, nothing suggested would work. I went through every device in Device manger and unchecked the 'Allow the computer to turn off...' but this had no affect.

I downloaded countless number of bluetooth drivers, but this just stopped bluetooth from working completely.

I have been trying to find a solution, then after making several changes, it is now working. I don't know exactly what I did that fixed it, but I will share the 4 key things I did before it worked.

1. In device manager, I updated the Generic Bluetooth Radio driver, by looking in the list of drivers, to Generic Bluetooth Adapter. I don't know if this had any affect, as it now has reverted back to Generic Bluetooth Radio.

2. I went to power options in control panel and in 'change advanced power settings' went through every option and turned it to 'never' or 'maximum performance', or anything that suggests it does not turn off, or not use a power saving feature.

3. Forcing Windows update, constantly after making these changes, which strangely found several updates.

4. Having restarted my computer to install the updates, it would not boot becuase it couldn't detect a keyboard. After spending ages finding a usb keyboard, I wanted that issue to never happen again, so I accessed the BIOS. Unchecked the option to halt on errors at boot. But then I found what I believe to be the thing that worked. There was an option to always allow power to USB, which I turned on.

After a restart, my keyboard no longer goes to sleep and works instantly when I press a key.

Like I said, I don't know what in particular it was, but I am not touching any setting again, whilst my keyboard now works brilliantly. I hope it helps others, and saves them ditching what is an amazing keyboard.

:)

DJZ31, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Designer Bluetooth Keyboard going to sleep too frequently, slow to wake

If the newest version of Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center is unable to detect the keyboard and mouse, we suggest that you try installing the previous version of it
    here. As soon
    as it’s already installed, please check if it will be detected already and if it will still be going to sleep more often.

Let us know the outcome after trying the step.

Louie Del, Jun 17, 2020
  3. H234K Win User
    Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping since May 21st driver update

Hi,

My system: Surface Pro 3 + Designer Keyboard & mouse

Everything worked fine for a year then after the latest major update the keyboard sleeping issue began. I tried every possible troubleshooting in your book including but not limited to turning off power managements and reinstalling drivers. I even
    installed windows from scratch from the latest ISO file. Now I cannot even uninstall the reported issue causing update (KB4048955) since it is incorporated into the latest windows version. I have tested my other Bluetooth keyboard (Universal Foldable Keyboard)
    and it works fine.

H234K, Jun 17, 2020
  4. kobib Win User

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues

Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues: I know there are many threads on this issue and Microsoft don't seem willing or able to provide a fix. I wanted to post my experience in the hope it might help some. For me the issue only occurs when both the keyboard and mouse are connected. I have tried every fix...
  6. Multiple Microsoft Designer keyboards

Multiple Microsoft Designer keyboards: I have two Microsoft Designer keyboards that I want to connect to my new laptop one uses Cyrillic characters, the other Roman. I managed fine with my previous laptop Surface Pro but I'm not succeeding with my HP Envy. I can connect each one separately, but I can't connect a...
  7. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth® Desktop Keyboard & Mouse go to sleep too often (and too quick...: Hello. I have bought the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and have been having some issues on my PC. The motherboard is MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi. It has both a wifi and a bluetooth module built in. I have tried this so far: Go to Device Manager -> Bluetooth -> Intel...
  8. Any possible fix for my Microsoft keyboard

Any possible fix for my Microsoft keyboard: It's a decent Microsoft wired keyboard which is ergonmoic. I love ergonomic so much and get used to it already. However, the CAPS lock key suddenly failed one day, It's now put away, but I don't want to waste it. Is there anything I can try to fix the keyboard? Yes, only...
  9. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...
  10. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth: I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft designer compact keyboard sleep fix