Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Same question and problem a year later with the designer keyboard "dropping out".... now the below thread is locked and still the problem exists.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Greg Elmassian, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Same question and problem a year later with the designer keyboard "dropping out".... now the below thread is locked and still the problem exists.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/microsoft-designer-keyboard-issues-on-windows-10/64b45256-8675-4f78-9285-7538f44ef399

Same Problem here, brand new pc. The keyboard will freeze when I press the volume and other hotkeys, to unfreeze, I have to press a different key exactly 15 times (odd). To temporarily solve the problem, I have to uninstall the device from the Bluetooth settings and pair the keyboard again.

The volume keys will work again for about 15 min and the problem comes back.

I have done all the suggested troubleshooting with no success.

The above is a very comprehensive explanation and I can confirm the same.

@Microsoft - Please get some real support on this and stop saying it is an issue with the specific hardware. This looks to be a driver issue.

Here are two more threads on this same issue with multiple users reporting on multiple PCs:

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-microsoft-designer-bluetooth/73194bf0-4677-4810-b2f2-e39011df37d9?auth=1

- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-microsoft-designer-bluetooth/73194bf0-4677-4810-b2f2-e39011df37d9?auth=1

Here is a copy of my comment from one of the threads -

"Hello,

I am having a similar issue with the Microsoft Designer Keyboard. I am using the keyboard with an HP Spectre x360( latest 4k model) that is connected to an external display. Anyway, I initially had issues with the hotkeys for volume, brightness and media controls. After having no success with adjusting any of the settings, I proceeded to Remove the bluetooth device and then add it back. This resolved the issue and the hotkeys were all working. The hotkeys continue to work even in and out of Sleep Mode. HOWEVER, upon turning off and on the computer, the hotkeys no longer work. The keyboard then exhibits the 15-character behavior as initially stated in this thread (keys do no activate until 15 characters have been pressed; then proceed to display all 15+ characters after the fact). The hotkeys work again only when I proceed remove and re-add the bluetooth device. To provide a working example with another bluetooth device, I have no connection issues with my Logitech MX Master."

Note for other new Designer Keyboard users who may see this in the future- If Microsoft fails to provide a proper update resolution - I suggest you return it, plain and simple.

:)

Greg Elmassian, Sep 7, 2018

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Reanimate Win User
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Hi Lizette,

I think this might have something to do with the July cumulative update. I did a sysrestore and it went away until the update was applied again. Did something change in the July cumulative update in regards to bluetooth that wasn't listed in the notes? Here's
    another thread of users, all Win10 / Designer keyboard with the same issue.

Reanimate, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Keyboard) Issues

Hi,

I bought today Microsoft's Designer Bluetooth Desktop. I managed to setup and pair the keyboard and mouse with my bluetooth dongle in Windows 10 without issues. Worked a while with the keyboard and mouse, tested all the keys and everything worked as normal.

After a Windows restart the keyboard shortcuts stopped working and every time i press a shortcut key (ex.: Volume), the keyboard crashes and only starts working after i press a key 15 times. This issues happens every single time i press a shortcut key.

I uninstalled the keyboard and paired it again to my machine and it starts working again as it should. But every time i restart my machine or don't use the keyboard and mouse for a period of time it stops working again.

My Windows is updated and my system has all its drivers updated (Asus BT400 bluetooth adapter and Designer Desktop keyboard and mouse).

I found identical issues on this forum, and tried all there solutions without any good result:

At the moment i'm writing this question using the Designer Desktop keyboard with the Fn key enabled so that i don't accidentally trigger the shortcuts and freeze the keyboard.

What i would like to know is, whether or not Microsoft acknowledged this issue and is it or not working on a solution.

Looking forward for a response.

Ricky.Lopes, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  4. Designer Compact Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard issues: Hello,I have been using my keyboard for a year without any issues. Yesterday, a window popped up and before I had a chance to read what it said, it disappeared. I don't know if I accidentally hit a button on it or not. However, once it disappeared, my keyboard stopped...
  5. Designer Compact Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Designer Compact Keyboard issues: Hello,I have been using my keyboard for a year without any issues. Yesterday, a window popped up and before I had a chance to read what it said, it disappeared. I don't know if I accidentally hit a button on it or not. However, once it disappeared, my keyboard stopped...
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  7. Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues

Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues: I know there are many threads on this issue and Microsoft don't seem willing or able to provide a fix. I wanted to post my experience in the hope it might help some. For me the issue only occurs when both the keyboard and mouse are connected. I have tried every fix...
  8. Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue

Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse. No issues in pairing the mouse though the keyboard remains a problem: Everytime I select the keyboard in 'Add a Bluetooth Device' and enter the pin provided it returns a notification to try again. I have tried...
  9. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth extended Keyboard Layout issue with window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth extended Keyboard Layout issue with window 10: Using Windows 10 with latest upgrades I can't find a proper layout match for my Microsoft Designer keyboard using ether: -French Canadian héritage -Canadian multilanguage I can't even find the accented a like è; have to use the Office software corrector... Please...
  10. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mircsoft designer keyboard issues

2. microsoft designer keyboard issues