Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse about a month ago. I have been consistently facing a problem where out of a sudden the keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hsi NingTing, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

I bought a Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse about a month ago.

I have been consistently facing a problem where out of a sudden the keyboard and/or mouse is not functioning. When I open the bluetooth page, the one which is functioning will show “connected”, while the one not functioning will show “paired”. Can someone explain to me why this occur?

I tried changing the batteries for the keyboard which is not functioning and re-pairing and apparently it managed to be connected and function again. But for me, I don’t think it makes sense as I just changed the batteries 2 weeks ago.

By the way, there were 4 Duracell batteries in the box when I purchased the keyboard. One of the batteries in my keyboard leaked which somehow “melted” the surface of my keyboard. I am not sure if the keyboard not functioning error is related to the above issue.

In addition, when I turn on my computer, there is always a message showing “keyboard error”, but when I tried using it, it is functioning. How to solve this issue?

:)

Hsi NingTing, Sep 8, 2018
  2. GerryKerr Win User

Microsoft designer desktop keyboard/mouse connectivity issue

I have a Lenovo desktop PC (Corei7/16GB) - came with Windows 8 and I have recently done a fresh install of Windows 10. I recently bought a Microsoft designer desktop Bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Its a beautifully designed keyboard/mouse kid and looks great
    into the bargain. Overall, its looks like a premium device at a premium price (and happy to pay that price)

The problem comes with Bluetooth. I have two Bluetooth radios - an AZUS and a Belkin - both v4.0 devices and I've tried both radios (obviously not simultaneously) to eliminate the Bluetooth radio as the source of the problem. I install a Bluetooth radio,
    it installs correctly with no errors and I bower up the designer keyboard and mouse, go to Bluetooth in settings and both devices show up as ready to pair. I pair both devices and the status on both devices changes to connected - so far so good!

As long as I am using the devices, everything is good - both work. When I leave the pc for an extended period, they both disconnect. If go back to the Bluetooth settings, the status on both devices show up as paired (not connected), If I hit the on/Bluetooth
    button on the bottom of the mouse, it re-connects. However, nothing I do with the keyboard will force it to re-connect other than removing the device and re-pairing the device again (extremely frustrating!). If I do a restart, the mouse and keyboard go back
    to being paired, but not connected.

So I have to keep an old wired keyboard around to login :-(

I'm running Windows enterprise, latest build and fully up to date in terms of drives and patches. I have read all of the extensive posts on various websites and have tried a lot of the suggestions, but nothing works. Logic suggests that its related to power
    management somehow, but, neither of my Bluetooth radios have a power management tab in device manager.

Any suggestions or where do I go next

Gerry

GerryKerr, Sep 8, 2018
  3. PeterDeak Win User
    Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Original title: Designer Bluetooth Desktop

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home, 32 bit and a Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse. I'm unable to connect via Bluetooth. When pairing is active on the devices, Bluetooth is just "turning around" and no pairing or connection... Thanks to give some
    ideas

Regards, Peter

PeterDeak, Sep 8, 2018
  4. ATZ138 Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

I have the same issue. The Bluetooth Desktop was purchased last week. I have a Samsung NP530U3B notebook PC with Windows 10 Pro clean installed. The Bluetooth wizard just cannot detect the product in pairing mode. I have tried the same procedures suggested
    in this thread without any solution.

The interesting part is that if I plug a standalone Bluetooth adaptor made by IOGEAR (GBU521) into the Samsung's USB port loaded with a different device driver, then the Designer Desktop can be paired without problem. Also, the same product can be paired
    with my Macbook Pro without any problem.

So my question is that is this a problem due to the original bluetooth driver from Windows 10?

If this cannot be fixed quickly, there will be many Microsoft product returns.

Thanks.

ATZ138, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard - Paired but not Connected - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working: [IMG]This post will show you how to fix Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working issue. Microsoft Designer keyboard is a sleek and modern wireless input device designed for a seamless typing experience. But recently, some users have complained that their Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair: Hello,I just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard with the mouse and wanted to connect it with my laptop. The mouse works perfectly fine, but the keyboard is unable to pair.I got the keyboard into the pairing mode and it shows up when I'm searching for new bluetooth...
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard does not pair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft designer compact keyboard no connected: I have Designer Compact Keyboard which works fine on Linux system on the same machine. However, on windows 11 it pairs and works fine the first time but when doing system reboot, it just pairs but doesn't connect. I also have Microsoft ergonomic mouse which works fine after...
  7. Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Keyboard Bluetooth Keyboard is Paired but not connected.: Hi there,I have an issue with the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard Model 1898. The keyboard is showing up as paired but not connected. The BT keyboard is listed under the OTHER DEVICES section, not the INPUT section under SETTINGS > BLUETOOTH & DEVICES > DEVICES.Thus the keyboard...
  8. connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: The blue tooth adapter of my Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse broke down and now I try to connect both with another Bluetooth adapter but that does work. Should I use a specific dongle? I have tried to remove both devices from the list but that seems to be impossible....
  9. Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard

Connecting Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Keyboard: After replacing the batteries in my Microsoft Designer Keyboard I am unable to connect to my computer. I have tried connecting to my wife's HP Pavilion and I am using a Surface Pro 3. I press and held the pair button until the esc key blinks white and tried going through the...
  10. Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect

Can pair new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth keyboard - but not connect: Hi I just bought a new Microsoft Designer Bluetooth desktop keyboard to use with my Dell XPS 15 9530. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm able to pair the keyboard by going to settings and adding and adding a new bluetooth device. It prompts me to type in the passkey on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard paired but not connected

2. microsoft designer keyboard not working

3. bluetooth designer keyboard paired but not connected

4. microsoft designer keyboard not showing in bluetooth list,
  5. microsoft designer keyboard not working after restart,
  6. microsoft designer keyboard not recognized as keyboard,
  7. designer mouse paired but not working,
  8. designer keyboard will not pair,
  9. designer bluetooth keyboard and mouse paired but not connected,
  10. microsoft keyboard paired not connected,
  11. microsoft designer keyboard is not working,