Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know there are many threads on this issue and Microsoft don't seem willing or able to provide a fix. I wanted to post my experience in the hope it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rb2k, Dec 17, 2020.

1. rb2k Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues

I know there are many threads on this issue and Microsoft don't seem willing or able to provide a fix. I wanted to post my experience in the hope it might help some.

For me the issue only occurs when both the keyboard and mouse are connected. I have tried every fix suggested in multiple threads. But nothing works. Last night I thought I had cracked it. The keyboard seemed to have stopped sleeping. I left the computer for 30 mins and came back and the keyboard woke it correctly and worked straight away.

When booted up this morning I got the no keyboard boot error but the PC booted and the keyboard worked. But then after I left the computer for a while, the keyboard had gone to sleep and would not wake at all. I had to plug in a different keyboard to log back in.

I have NONE of these problems with the keyboard when the mouse is not connected. So I'm giving up at this point. I'll use a different mouse. It's borderline fraudulent IMO the MS continue to sell these when there are so many documented instances of this bug.

:)

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Hi Greg Elmassian,

In order for me to have a better idea in continuing the troubleshooting your left off with, I would like to know the following:

• What is the version and build of your Windows 10?
      • You can have this checked by pressing the Windows button + R on your keyboard to open the
        Run box, then type winver and press
        Enter
    • What is model of your Microsoft Designer Keyboard?
    • Do you experience the same issue when using other user profiles or other computers?

In the meantime, aside from the steps that you've performed, I recommend that you pick up on where you left off on the troubleshooting listed on the
    Troubleshooting wireless and Bluetooth keyboard issues support article. This
    is to ensure that all is intact with your OS and your Bluetooth drivers on your computer.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

ErwinJames San, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

microsoft designer keyboard doesn't respond after laptop sleep or if idle in windows 10.

Just to follow up, are you still having an issue on Microsoft designer keyboard?

If yes, we would suggest to you to check Power Management in the Device Manager and you should enable
    Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. To do this kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards, right-click the device which you are having the issue and then select
      Properties.
    • Select Power Management tab to view Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    If the issue still persists you can run the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices in Control Panel.

We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Keyboard

2. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  4. Designer Compact Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Designer Compact Keyboard issues: Hello,I have been using my keyboard for a year without any issues. Yesterday, a window popped up and before I had a chance to read what it said, it disappeared. I don't know if I accidentally hit a button on it or not. However, once it disappeared, my keyboard stopped...
  5. Designer Compact Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Designer Compact Keyboard issues: Hello,I have been using my keyboard for a year without any issues. Yesterday, a window popped up and before I had a chance to read what it said, it disappeared. I don't know if I accidentally hit a button on it or not. However, once it disappeared, my keyboard stopped...
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  7. Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix

Microsoft Designer Keyboard going to sleep - Possible fix: I have had the issue with the Designer keyboard going to sleep for months, and have just put up with it. I am using a TP-link usb dongle for bluetooth. Despite searching the net for a solution, nothing suggested would work. I went through every device in Device manger and...
  8. Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue

Microsoft Designer Keyboard bluetooth connection issue: I have just purchased a Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse. No issues in pairing the mouse though the keyboard remains a problem: Everytime I select the keyboard in 'Add a Bluetooth Device' and enter the pin provided it returns a notification to try again. I have tried...
  9. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10: Same question and problem a year later with the designer keyboard "dropping out".... now the below thread is locked and still the problem exists....
  10. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth: I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard sleep mode