Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Dear All, I'm experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and in fact also the mouse from same bundle. Problem: MS Designer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by João TiagoRibeiro, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

Hello Dear All, I'm experiencing a problem with my Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and in fact also the mouse from same bundle. Problem: MS Designer keyboard stops working and when i click on any key, the systems just stops for a few seconds and then it returnsRoot Cause investigation:Initially this started happening when i was using air buds from Xiaomi with bluetooth connection. As they were bluetooth, same connection type as the keyboard, i thought that maybe these one were interfering with the keyboard. Note that i usually use Sony wh-ch700n Model and never experienced

:)

João TiagoRibeiro, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard HotKeys NOT working

Hi Andrzej,

If the Hotkeys on your Microsoft Designer Keyboard don't work, it is possible that the Human Interface Device Access service on your Surface was stopped. Make sure that the service is set to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:

• Type Services in the search box. Click on Services
    • In the list of services in the Details pane, double-click HID Human Interface Service, and then make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic.

If the Hotkeys still won't work, try to create a new local user account and test if the "special keys" will work. If you're a Windows 10 user, refer to this link
    on how to create a local user.

You may also test the keyboard with a different computer. If the keyboard does not work correctly with the other computer, this could be a possible hardware issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Apr 28, 2021
  3. moffro Win User
    My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.

My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working. I removed both devices but when I attempt to reinstall them I get a message telling me "Try connecting your device again".

I have run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and restarted the machine several times but still with the same end result.

These are the machine specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name LENOVO

System Manufacturer LENOVO

System Model F0BC000MAU

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU LENOVO_MT_F0BC_BU_LENOVO_FM_ideacentre AIO 300-23ACL

Processor AMD A4-7210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO O1PKT25AUS, 26-Sep-15

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version 0.12

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO

BaseBoard Product Gardenia CRB

BaseBoard Version SDK0J40709 WIN 3259587109567

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

moffro, Apr 28, 2021
  4. loem Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

New Microsoft Designer Keyboard volume control key stops working

Today's update KB4048955 (OS Build 16299.64) fixes this issue.

• Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.

Thema:

Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly

1. Microsoft Designer Keyboard stops working suddenly - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Keyboard

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working Suddenly: This is kind of complicated, but I'm hoping someone has some insight.I have an All In One HP running Windows 10. Lately it's been doing some odd things -- gets unresponsive and requires a restart, which has always helped.Today the keyboard and mouse stopped working all of a...
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working: [IMG]This post will show you how to fix Microsoft Designer Keyboard not pairing or working issue. Microsoft Designer keyboard is a sleek and modern wireless input device designed for a seamless typing experience. But recently, some users have complained that their Microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  7. Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working

Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard not working: Hi,I have a Surface Pro 5th Gen and I connect an external monitor and keyboard so I can use it as a desktop. The Microsoft Compact Designer Keyboard has all of a sudden stopped working. The Bluetooth light still flashes but I cannot get it to connect to my surface pro. I can...
  8. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  9. MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working

MIcrosoft Sculpt Keyboard suddenly stopped working: Microsoft sculpt keyboard stopped working. I have 2 and they both stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-keyboard-suddenly-stopped-working/ee5ec996-0e6b-4077-9581-dbbb8176b2f7
  10. My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.

My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working. I removed both devices but when I attempt to reinstall them I get a message telling me "Try connecting your device again". I have run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and restarted the machine several times but...