Windows 10: Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

Discus and support Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop back in November of 2020 and haven't had a single problem until this week.My issue is that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshleyJenkins3, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop back in November of 2020 and haven't had a single problem until this week.My issue is that the mouse will seemly at random stop responding to my input. This usually happens after a small period of inactivity where I've gotten up from my desk.I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1387Device manager says I have the latest driver on the HID and Bluetooth showings of the mouseThe only way I can get the mouse working is to power it off and back on again. I've done system restarts since this started happening and have unpaired and repaire

:)

AshleyJenkins3, Dec 3, 2021

2. Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 3, 2021
  3. ATats70 Win User
    Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Dec 3, 2021
  4. Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

Designer Mouse Not Working

My OS is Window 10. I used a Microsoft designer mouse for a few weeks and suddenly it stopped working.

I tried it on my other notebook with Window 10 and it works perfectly.

Kindly advise on steps to rectify this problem.

henrylaucc, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

1. Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working - Similar Threads - Microsoft Designer Mouse

2. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light: Kia Ora,My Microsoft Designer Mouse stopped working. No flashing Bluetooth light on mouse after pressing pair button for 5 - 7 s and not registering on laptop. I have tried a different Bluetooth Mouse and it paired without problem. I removed the Designer Mouse from the laptop...
  3. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light: Kia Ora,My Microsoft Designer Mouse stopped working. No flashing Bluetooth light on mouse after pressing pair button for 5 - 7 s and not registering on laptop. I have tried a different Bluetooth Mouse and it paired without problem. I removed the Designer Mouse from the laptop...
  4. Microsoft Designer Mouse Stopped Working - No Bluetooth Light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse stops working randomly .

Mouse stops working randomly .: My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stops-working-randomly/d0a31398-6661-4e80-a8c2-ba51ffdd8582
  6. Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop back in November of 2020 and haven't had a single problem until this week.My issue is that the mouse will seemly at random stop responding to my input. This usually happens after a small period of inactivity where I've...
  7. Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Mouse randomly stops working: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop back in November of 2020 and haven't had a single problem until this week.My issue is that the mouse will seemly at random stop responding to my input. This usually happens after a small period of inactivity where I've...
  8. Microsoft designer mouse 7N5-00001 stops

Microsoft designer mouse 7N5-00001 stops: At least once every 45 minutes. My mouse stops working. I have to turn it off and on to get it working again. Anybody have any ideas? Is it the Bluetooth radio or the mouse driver. I am about ready to pitch it. -Glenn...
  9. My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.

My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Microsoft Designer Mouse & Keyboard suddenly stopped working. I removed both devices but when I attempt to reinstall them I get a message telling me "Try connecting your device again". I have run the Bluetooth troubleshooter and restarted the machine several times but...
  10. Windows Designer Mouse stopped working

Windows Designer Mouse stopped working: Hello, I bought a Microsoft Designer mouse less than one month ago and it suddenly stopped working. I can right and left-click and also use the scrolling wheel, but the cursor won't move. I tried changing the batteries and reinstalling all drivers again. As well as...