Windows 10: Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop

Discus and support Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is currently gradually rolling out to compatible hardware. As the rollout advances, new bugs are getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 13, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is currently gradually rolling out to compatible hardware. As the rollout advances, new bugs are getting acknowledged by Microsoft. A new issue that Microsoft is currently investigating causes a black screen in Windows 10 Remote Desktop windows.

As reported earlier, some users with outdated hardware or graphics drivers complained that Windows 10’s remote connections to their devices end up with a black screen.

Windows 10 version 1903 with RDP causes a black screen on all connections, including LAN and restarting the device obviously doesn’t help. It’s also worth noting that the problem was first reported in late May, shortly after Windows 10 May 2019 Update rollout. In the community forum, a Microsoft program manager acknowledged the problem and advised users to update or disable the affected driver.

In a support doc, Microsoft has officially confirmed the black screen bug hitting Windows 10 May 2019 Update’s Remote Desktop connection.

Microsoft says that Remote Desktop connection causes a black screen if the device has some older GPU drivers.

“Any version of Windows may encounter this issue when initiating a Remote Desktop connection to a Windows 10, version 1903 device which is running an affected display driver, including the drivers for the Intel 4 series chipset integrated GPU (iGPU),” Microsoft explains.

Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop Windows-10-Remote-Desktop.jpg

The bug affects both Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows Server version 1903. Microsoft is working on a resolution and a fix will be shipped with an upcoming cumulative update, but an exact timeframe is not available at the moment.

The post Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 13, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Remote Desktop limit to 2 screens?

Is it possible to limit Remote Desktop in Windows 10 to only use 2 out of 3 screens connected to a pc?

Remote Desktop is to a Windows 2012 Server.

puma99dk|, Jul 13, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop

Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop

1. Microsoft details black screen bug hitting Windows 10’s Remote Desktop - Similar Threads - Microsoft details black

2. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  3. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  4. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen on Remote Desktop and Remote Software VNC: HelloWe use RealVNC to remote in to our machine at the office it works the same as team viewer etc, but when we went to login today the screen was black. I can remote into another machine that is at the office so it isnt the internet and if I use RDP on that machine I still...
  6. Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Remote Desktop Black Screen issues: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]According to some reports, using RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol on recent versions of Windows 10 results in a black screen. One encounters this issue is when using the Remote Desktop Connection feature on Windows 10. The real causes of [...] This post Fix...
  7. Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update causes black screen in Microsoft Remote Desktop: Windows 10 May 2019 Update has a new issue with a small number of devices, specifically old monitors with outdated graphics drivers. We have spotted a number of posts on Microsoft’s own community forum and Feedback Hub made by users who have documented a black screen issue...
  8. Remote Desktop black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remote Desktop black screen: After installing update 1903 on second computer I get a black screen when remote desktop connects. Tried rolling back video driver which took me back to a Microsoft basic driver from 2006 but only offers 1024x768 for best setting. This causes programs to be so large you can...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop serves Black Screen: Hi Windows 10, I am having an issue with Windows 10 - every day. But last 3-6 months, remote desktop connections fail with a black screen on my network! Now I have started to feel true hate towards this OS, as this error, now seems to settle as a forever error that will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rdp kills windows 10 1903

2. microsoft update 1903 causes rdp issue