Windows 10: Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Discus and support Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now available for download to seekers (advanced users). Anyone who is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is now available for download to seekers (advanced users). Anyone who is interested can manually download and install Windows 10 May 2019 Update through Media Creation Tool or ISO packages.

The update is being rolled out gradually and it may not show up on all devices at the moment, especially on devices with incompatible drivers.

Windows 10 version 1903 introduces big improvements like Windows Sandbox and a new light theme experience, but it has its own known problems that Microsoft has acknowledged.

At the moment, Windows 10 May 2019 Update has three known issues. In the support document, Microsoft has confirmed it is investigating the problems and upgrade has already been blocked on incompatible configurations.

Display brightness problem

On PCs with certain Intel drivers, brightness settings may not work as intended. Microsoft says that the display brightness may not respond to adjustments. This means the actual display brightness won’t change when you make changes to the brightness settings.

Microsoft has applied compatibility hold on devices with certain Intel drivers from being offered Windows 10 version 1903 until this issue is resolved.

If you’ve forced the update on your PC and you’re experiencing the aforementioned problems, you’ve to restart your PC to see brightness changes.

“Note We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved,” Microsoft explains.

Audio not working with Dolby Atmos headphones and home theatre

Microsoft is aware of another problem where you may experience audio issues with Dolby Atmos for home theatre (free extension) or Dolby Atmos for headphones acquired through the Microsoft Store due to a licensing configuration error.

Microsoft is also blocking the update from showing up such devices until the fix is ready. The company says a solution will be available in mid-June.

Duplicate folders and documents showing in user profile directory

Microsoft is also blocking the update on devices that uses redirected known folders.

The post Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  3. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, May 22, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

As reported yesterday, Microsoft changed the way how they license Windows 10 to their OEM partners. But buckle in folks, the changes just keep on coming. In what looks like an effort to push Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 owners to upgrade, Microsoft has officially announced that Office 2019 will only work on machines with Windows 10 and the next LTSC release of Windows Server. That's only the tip of the iceberg though. Unlike previous version of Office that came with 10 years of support, Office 2019's support lifecycle is shortened to five years of mainstream support and two years of extended support. Additionally, the client applications are only available with a Click-to-Run installer. However, Microsoft will continue to provide a MSI installer for the server applications.

Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update XkowHsyWUwEavPZz_thm.jpg

Chino, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft details known issues in Windows 10 May 2019 Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details known

2. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004: Known issues There are no active known issues at this time. Resolved issues There are no recently resolved issues at this time. Source: Known issues in Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows Server, version 2004 Resolved issues in Windows 10, version 2004 and Windows...
  3. May 2019 update for windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2019 update for windows 10: Hoping someone can help with this issue. I use a usb device for wifi. I don't have any other usb devices connected to my pc. I have tried numerous times to upgrade to the May update with no success. Keeps telling me "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive using...
  4. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue

Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903) Issue: Hey guys! I just have a short question to ask. I have not yet updated to 1903. I check for my updates and get the "Service for 1803 is about to end. Update to 1903." I click download and install now. It goes up to 100, then asks me to insert a drive. I do that and it...
  5. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: [img] Information Current status as of June 18, 2019: Windows 10, version 1903 is available for any user who manually selects “Check for updates” via Windows Update for all devices that do not have a safeguard hold. If you are not offered the update, please check below for...
  6. Microsoft details new gaming feature in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details new gaming feature in Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Windows 10 May 2019 Update is slowly rolling out to the first wave of compatible devices. Among various features like Windows Sandbox and Light theme, Windows 10 version 1903 also introduces a new feature for gamers. Microsoft’s latest update for Windows 10, version 1903...
  7. May 2019 update on windows 10

May 2019 update on windows 10: I did the may 2019 update: next day when I tried to sign on, windows does not recognize my password, opens as if I am a new Microsoft/windows account ( home screen with a window) and all folders/photos (and some apps) missing. I'm asked to set up new account because it says...
  8. Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues with Windows 10 v1903 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has released Windows 10 v1903, and it comes with an array of new features and functionalities. Microsoft is currently rolling out the update to all the users; however, the rollout is slow. As part of its transparency, Windows comes [...] This post...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update

Windows 10 May 2019 Update: [ATTACH]Hello, I am using Windows 10 and currently on version 1809 May 2019 update. While everyone else is on Version 1903 May 2019 update. Why am i still stuck on Windows 10 Version 1809 while other people are on Windows 10 Version 1903?...
  10. Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903: This table offers a summary of current active issues and those issues that have been resolved in the last 30 days. Summary Originating update Status Last updated Display brightness may not respond to adjustments Microsoft and Intel have identified a driver compatibility...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft May2019 Update Known isues