Windows 10: Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Curious about how Microsoft Edge will be updated to the new version when you install the final (Stable channel) release on/after January 15th? This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

Read more:

How to Enable running Microsoft Edge (Edge HTML) and Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based) side-by-side in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Dec 17, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Dec 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

Dolby Laboratories, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation announced today that Dolby Audio is selected to be a part of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and will be natively supported by the new Microsoft Edge browser for the playback of web-based content as well as accessible by third-party Windows Store apps. Users of Microsoft Windows 10 PCs and tablets will enjoy Dolby quality audio experiences through Windows entertainment apps and through Microsoft Edge.

Dolby Audio (supporting Dolby Digital Plus) will be available in x86 Windows 10 PCs and tablets for playback of movies, TV shows, and videos with crisp, clear dialogue and greater detail of sounds. Windows 7 and 8 users may upgrade to Windows 10 for free and continue to experience Dolby quality audio consistently across headphones, built-in PC and tablet speakers, or connected home theater systems. Microsoft Edge will be the first browser to leverage the Dolby Digital Plus decoder on the Windows 10 operating system, enabling online content providers to enrich the entertainment experiences of millions of Internet users globally with Dolby Audio.

"We are excited about the collaboration and partnership with Microsoft and share in the commitment to providing the best entertainment experiences possible to consumers across a wide range of devices in the Windows 10 ecosystem," said John Couling, Senior Vice President, E-Media Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "With the launch of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in nearly 200 countries, Dolby and Microsoft will enable better user experiences with high-quality audio that is robust, consistent, and at a scale necessary for the large Windows ecosystem."

"At Microsoft, we are committed to delivering the richest, most immersive, entertainment experiences with Windows 10," said David Treadwell, Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group, Microsoft. "With Dolby Audio incorporated into the Windows 10 platform and Microsoft Edge, content providers will be able to deliver their content with superior sound in Dolby Audio for a wide range of Windows 10 based PCs and tablets."

btarunr, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

1. Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft Details Migration

2. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  3. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 migrate plan: i have Win 10 OEM on a Dell XPS 8300 which is no longer supported..i have a WDC 1TB HDD and just added another identical.i want to create the second HDD identical to the first so i can easily switch if the first HDD fails.SMART shows 5 raw clusters in the pending count and...
  4. win 10 migrate plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge: October is almost over! The leaves are changing, pumpkin spices are everywhere, and frights and haunts are becoming commonplace. In the U.S., it’s also National Cyber Security Awareness month. To celebrate it all, we’ll share some of the great security...
  6. Microsoft guidance on planning for new capabilities in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft guidance on planning for new capabilities in Windows 10: If you're looking for guidance on how to plan for new capabilities in Windows—and tie the benefits of staying up to date to real value for your end users and your business—this is the post for you. Today I'm going to walk you through existing...
  7. Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is available for testers with a limited set of features as the browser is still in the early days of development. Microsoft is also focusing on the new features that would arrive in Edge in future and the company shared details of upcoming improvements at Build...
  8. More details of Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 appear online

in Windows 10 News
    More details of Microsoft’s new Edge browser for Windows 10 appear online: Microsoft last year announced that it is rebuilding the Edge browser to use Chromium resources and Blink rendering engine. Switching to Chromium resources will bring several major improvements to Edge browser, including access to a large collection of extensions and updates...
  9. More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans

in Windows 10 News
    More details emerge on Microsoft's Windows phone plans: Earlier today, Microsoft announced a major restructuring of its mobile hardware business, which will include the loss of around 7,800 jobs, mostly from its phone division. The company also took a write-down of $7.6 billion, an 'impairment charge' related to its $7.2 billion...
  10. Microsoft Details New Windows 10 Features

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Details New Windows 10 Features: Microsoft said from the very beginning that Windows 10 Technical Preview was a release specifically aimed at enterprises, so it shouldn't come as a big surprise that the company focused on features developed for this particular customer category. In addition to a number of...