Windows 10: Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Discus and support Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I do agree with you gtspeck they shouldn't. I just wish I could fix my display flickering issue. I am going to give windows 10 one more try when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 21, 2016.

1. groze Win User

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

I do agree with you gtspeck they shouldn't. I just wish I could fix my display flickering issue. I am going to give windows 10 one more try when the anniversary update comes out. I hope it is fixed by then.

I don't mean to be a bummer. Here is a couple of quotes from Windows lifecycle page.

That in bold kinds of scares me, when and if I ever purchase a windows 10 computer. Buy a computer and it can't be updated.

groze, May 22, 2016
  2. pigpenz Win User

what happens to PC's that have windows 8.1 and cant upgrade to 10, I have already run into that on several machines

pigpenz, May 22, 2016
  3. groze Win User
    That is a little different pigpenz. Windows 8.1 End of mainstream support is January 9, 2018 and end of extended support is January 10, 2023. So, you should get updates till then. Windows 7 sp1 extended support ends on Jan 14, 2020. I think Microsoft finally realized they have to support W7 sp1 tell 2020 and Win 8.1 tell 2023.

Windows lifecycle (link)

groze, May 22, 2016
  4. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Is it possible to clean-install 1607?

Matthew Wai, May 22, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I'm going to assume that MS will have an ISO available for this build and you can do a clean instillation if it is available.

I sure hope so.

BunnyJ, May 22, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    From the link provided in the OP:

If your computer runs Windows 10 now, it will run the anniversary update.

NavyLCDR, May 22, 2016
  7. Would people update to or clean-install 1607?

Matthew Wai, May 23, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Most people will upgrade to the Anniversary update via Windows Update

NavyLCDR, May 23, 2016
  9. In the past Windows Update would display a notice but would not attempt an upgrade.

Cbarnhorst, May 23, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    The primary delivery method of the November update was Windows Update. There is no reason to believe that will change for the Anniversary update.

NavyLCDR, May 23, 2016
  11. I hope a large notice will be displayed in advance of the Anniversary update and will disappear only if the user closes it.

Matthew Wai, May 23, 2016
  12. dencal Win User

dencal, May 23, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member
    It doesn't.

NavyLCDR, May 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details Minimum

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. PC Minimum requirements for Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minimum requirements for Win11: Hi I have been using Win10 since its launch in 2015 and when Microsoft decided to bring out Win11 I thought I could get Win11 with having Win10. As there is a requirement to have TPM on the computer this is not possible with the age of my machine. I don't seem to be having...
  5. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  6. Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements: [ATTACH]Microsoft showcased its first dual-screen device — Surface Neo — last November, and along with that came the new SDK. The SDK allows the developer […] This article Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  8. your minimum requirement system in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your minimum requirement system in microsoft store: your system from microsoft store just see 4 core and 2.7Ghz for example... poor guys with a i5 6400T or 6400, it s not beat a i5 2600 2.7 Ghz cause it s a 4 core @ 2.2 Ghz or bug and see the 6400 like a 2.69 Ghz. then u get a warning message on the minimum require and close...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops: At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and service Windows 10. The hardware maker has shared details for desktops as well as Windows 10 for phones.... ...New hardware...