Windows 10: Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Discus and support Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It doesn't. ... except as an excuse for some to get their bloomers tied in knots. *chuckle Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 21, 2016.

1. larc919 Win User

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

... except as an excuse for some to get their bloomers tied in knots. *chuckle

larc919, May 23, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

*Thumbs*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

OldMike65, May 23, 2016
  3. Hopachi Win User
    The usual, minimum requirements, recommended requirements...
    SLAT, VT-x, even better.
    But for as long as 800x600* is a supported resolution, I'll upgrade for sure.
    (yep, it is!) *Party

Interesting part are the modern variations of 800x480 & 854x840 (check mobile devices).

*THE resolution of resolutions was removed a while back, if I recall correctly Win7 had 1024x768 as minimum recommended.
    Now that it's back on paper, don't look the wrong way: this is good for the UI.
    This has to do with the mobile devices allowing the resolution on smaller screens.

Hopachi, May 23, 2016
  4. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Yes, of course any current Windows 10 user will be able to clean install 1607. There will be no requirement to upgrade first as there was last year. Once your computer has run Windows 10 it has become a registered Windows 10 device and the current version (whatever that is) of Windows 10 (same edition) will clean install and activate without a product key or anything else.

As for the new Windows Logo requirements taking effect in a couple of months, those apply ONLY to computers manufactured after that date. Your PRESENT Windows 10 computer will not suddenly become unusable just because of changes to the requirements for OEMs for NEW devices. You are not running one of those devices.

Cbarnhorst, May 23, 2016
  5. DavidY Win User
    If the Anniversary update requires more RAM (as stated here), specifically that the minimum goes up from 1GB to 2GB, then I would have thought it would affect upgraded machines too.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows...uire-more-ram/

I have a tablet with 1GB of RAM, which I can't add to. If I install the July 2016 update (assuming it lets me), will it be too slow to be usable? If not, what is so different about a new machine that means it requires 2GB

DavidY, May 23, 2016
  6. You know, if they keep updating 10, eventually your machine won't be able to support an update.

Vince Massi, May 23, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    What ya need to do is a disk clean up to remove the Windows.old folders and that wouldn't be an issue. I do that and I get frequent updates from the insider program.

BunnyJ, May 24, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Absolutely true. At some point old hardware will no longer support new features so you will then either stay at the current release or go buy a new computer. The first thing I expect to see go is 32 bit support.

Ztruker, May 24, 2016
  9. Given the variety of form-factors involved, 32-bit may be longer-lived than you expect, but perhaps not on some main-stream devices.

Cbarnhorst, May 24, 2016
  10. I have burnt 1511 onto a DVD as an installation disk. Should I do the same to 1607 when it is available? Will people do so?

Matthew Wai, May 24, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I sure will. It can't hurt and I want it so I can go to that build if I drop out of the insider program some time in the future.

BunnyJ, May 24, 2016
  12. The more major updates, the more DVDs are needed.

13. BunnyJ New Member

That or a USB flash drive. With that you can just load the latest major build. You really don't need to keep the older major builds.

BunnyJ, May 24, 2016
  14. I am afraid that a USB drive is less reliable than a DVD although the former is more expensive than the latter.

15. BunnyJ New Member
    I've had some good luck with them in the past but I tend to get a pack of DVD's so I can make copies of the insider ISO's as well as the major builds for backup purposes.

BunnyJ, May 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details Minimum

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. PC Minimum requirements for Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minimum requirements for Win11: Hi I have been using Win10 since its launch in 2015 and when Microsoft decided to bring out Win11 I thought I could get Win11 with having Win10. As there is a requirement to have TPM on the computer this is not possible with the age of my machine. I don't seem to be having...
  5. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  6. Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements: [ATTACH]Microsoft showcased its first dual-screen device — Surface Neo — last November, and along with that came the new SDK. The SDK allows the developer […] This article Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  8. your minimum requirement system in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your minimum requirement system in microsoft store: your system from microsoft store just see 4 core and 2.7Ghz for example... poor guys with a i5 6400T or 6400, it s not beat a i5 2600 2.7 Ghz cause it s a 4 core @ 2.2 Ghz or bug and see the 6400 like a 2.69 Ghz. then u get a warning message on the minimum require and close...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops: At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and service Windows 10. The hardware maker has shared details for desktops as well as Windows 10 for phones.... ...New hardware...