Windows 10: Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Discus and support Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Well do the rollback if you want the registry to show that you rejected the AU build. Just recovering an image of the previous build won't do the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 21, 2016.

1. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Well do the rollback if you want the registry to show that you rejected the AU build. Just recovering an image of the previous build won't do the trick. Personally, I am looking forward to the AU. But then I have been an Insider for a long time and am not worried about what is coming up in the AU.

Cbarnhorst, May 25, 2016
  2. tinmar49 Win User

Is there an actual list of which processors/ sockets are compatible?

tinmar49, May 25, 2016
  3. Nothing happens to PC's that can't upgrade, PC that have upgraded or new PC purchased before the set date the new requirements is for new OEM systems built and sold after the set date.

orlbuckeye, May 25, 2016
  4. gtspeck Win User

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

I'm also looking forward to the update. Like most others I create a Restore point and a back-up prior to the update. Then I accept the update through the AU process.. *Biggrin

gtspeck, May 25, 2016
  5. Google the question. There are plenty of hits. But remember, they are for the present Windows 10. If you are already running it you don't need a list for that.

Cbarnhorst, May 25, 2016
  6. I am looking forward to the anniversary update.

My desktop has Windows 8 and Windows XP on other partitions, so I'll survive no matter what.

Vince Massi, May 26, 2016
  7. Except for the people who have less than 20 GB free space on Drive C.

Matthew Wai, May 26, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

excerpt from the OP article ...............
    For both 32 bit and 62 bit OS architecture minimum Memory should be equal to or higher than 2GB.

Question :
    What about small tablets with only 1GB RAM ?
    Will they get the prompt to upgrade ?
    If no, that fine.
    If yes, what a mess. How to rectify ?

davidhk, May 26, 2016
  9. What's new in Design

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update [​IMG]

Source: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...sY9ledcghRg)()

Cluster Head, May 26, 2016
  10. DavidY Win User
    But as you can see from the table in post 1, Tablets run "Windows 10 for Desktop Editions"

I have a 1GB tablet running Windows 10 Home, so I'm also interested in what will happen.

DavidY, May 26, 2016
  11. It goes beyond hardware and extends to critical and regular updates. Read the footnote to Windows 10 on the Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet.

Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help

The policies have changed. Support appears now to require that the latest updates be installed and "support" clearly include updates as well as phone and chat support.

"Updates are cumulative, with each update built upon all of the updates that preceded it. A device needs to install the latest update to remain supported. Updates may include new features, fixes (security and/or non-security), or a combination of both. Not all features in an update will work on all devices. A device may not be able to receive updates if the device hardware is incompatible, lacking current drivers, or otherwise outside of the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (“OEM”) support period. Update availability may vary, for example by country, region, network connectivity, mobile operator (e.g., for cellular-capable devices), or hardware capabilities (including, e.g., free disk space).

Microsoft states awareness of your issue but it is not clear whether support continues or not in such a case. It just states "it happens." Good luck with that one. I assume that Windows Defender support is a separate matter.

Cbarnhorst, May 26, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Looks like your 1GB Ram tablet is " SOL".

davidhk, May 27, 2016
  13. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

I also have the 1GB Tablet, which works great at the moment and will be sad if its not suported

But with 10 evolving and being the last named OS, this is bound to happen as time goes on, 10 is not going to support everything currently forever

paulsalter, May 27, 2016
  14. DavidY Win User
    *Sad
    I hope you're not correct.

Here's the thing though - the tablet came with Windows 8.1 which is supported until January 2023.

When I upgraded it (to 10240) the official support end date was October 2025. But are Microsoft now saying it will go out of support sooner because I can't update it? That's misleading advertising if so.

Are they saying I need to rollback to 8.1 to stay in support?

DavidY, May 27, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    I hope I am wrong too.
    But there is no way to add more RAM to a tablet, right ?
    So, what can one do ?

davidhk, May 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details Minimum

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. PC Minimum requirements for Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minimum requirements for Win11: Hi I have been using Win10 since its launch in 2015 and when Microsoft decided to bring out Win11 I thought I could get Win11 with having Win10. As there is a requirement to have TPM on the computer this is not possible with the age of my machine. I don't seem to be having...
  5. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  6. Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements: [ATTACH]Microsoft showcased its first dual-screen device — Surface Neo — last November, and along with that came the new SDK. The SDK allows the developer […] This article Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  8. your minimum requirement system in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your minimum requirement system in microsoft store: your system from microsoft store just see 4 core and 2.7Ghz for example... poor guys with a i5 6400T or 6400, it s not beat a i5 2600 2.7 Ghz cause it s a 4 core @ 2.2 Ghz or bug and see the 6400 like a 2.69 Ghz. then u get a warning message on the minimum require and close...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops: At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and service Windows 10. The hardware maker has shared details for desktops as well as Windows 10 for phones.... ...New hardware...