Windows 10: Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Discus and support Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If I reduce the free space on drive C to 10 GB, can Anniversary Update be prevented? Mathew, if for some reason you do not want the Anv. Update, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, May 21, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Mathew, if for some reason you do not want the Anv. Update, you may be able to prevent the download by setting your internet connection to "metered", and uncheck "give me updates for other products" under advanced settings in Update & Security. Also you might want to consider deferring upgrades. Reducing your space available to 10GB just to avoid it would probably cause you some performance issues. defer upgrades in windows 10 - Bing

f14tomcat, May 27, 2016
  2. Ztruker Win User

Create an image backup before applying the Anniversary Update. Then if problems, restore the backup.

Ztruker, May 27, 2016
  3. tinmar49 Win User
    After some research, I have found that some older processors that are not compatible with the 64 bit W10 will run 32 bit. One example is the Athlon 64 X2 on the socket 939, at least the faster ones. I have one of mine at the museum where I am a volunteer running W7 64 bit, and Microsoft says that the processor is incompatible. I could change to 32 bit W7 and upgrade to W10, it is a 4800+ with 4 gig of ram, and the motherboard is a comparatively recent Asrock, no dodgy capacitors.

tinmar49, May 27, 2016
  4. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

Do you mean 'Allow VPN connections over Metered networks'? It is on by default and does not affect updates.
    It is unchecked by default. Does that mean Anniversary Update will not be installed by default?

Matthew Wai, May 28, 2016
  5. No. It means updates for other Microsoft products, like Office. Windows updates are not affected by whether the box is checked or not.

Cbarnhorst, May 28, 2016
  6. Matthew Wai, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update

1. Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details Minimum

2. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  3. Windows 11 minimum requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 minimum requirement: Please I downloaded the PC health app to check if my PC was eligible for the windows 11 upgrade only to realise that the one requirement it failed at was an unsupported processor. This is quite strange to me because I use a Hp pavilion 15 with IntelR CoreTM i3-7100U @...
  4. PC Minimum requirements for Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Minimum requirements for Win11: Hi I have been using Win10 since its launch in 2015 and when Microsoft decided to bring out Win11 I thought I could get Win11 with having Win10. As there is a requirement to have TPM on the computer this is not possible with the age of my machine. I don't seem to be having...
  5. Minimum Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum Requirements: I purchased MFS2020 and found that my computer does not meet the minimums. If I purchase a new computer will I be able to reload the Simulator on the new one without additional charge?...
  6. Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements: [ATTACH]Microsoft showcased its first dual-screen device — Surface Neo — last November, and along with that came the new SDK. The SDK allows the developer […] This article Windows 10X Emulator minimum hardware and software requirements first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. Minimum requirements for rec.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minimum requirements for rec.: What are the minimum requirements for recording with start+g in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/minimum-requirements-for-rec/7c5d4dcc-6eb7-4b62-bce7-ff68052e4a96
  8. your minimum requirement system in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your minimum requirement system in microsoft store: your system from microsoft store just see 4 core and 2.7Ghz for example... poor guys with a i5 6400T or 6400, it s not beat a i5 2600 2.7 Ghz cause it s a 4 core @ 2.2 Ghz or bug and see the 6400 like a 2.69 Ghz. then u get a warning message on the minimum require and close...
  9. Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Cloud minimum hardware requirements leaks: Microsoft is gearing up to take on Chromebooks with new hardware running Windows 10 Cloud. On May 2nd, the company is holding a software and hardware event in New York City, where it’s expected to launch a new device running a new variant of its desktop OS. Windows 10...
  10. Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops

in Windows 10 News
    Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 10 for phones and desktops: At the WinHEC conference in Shenzhen, China, Microsoft has revealed the minimum hardware requirements needed to successfully boot, run, update and service Windows 10. The hardware maker has shared details for desktops as well as Windows 10 for phones.... ...New hardware...