Windows 10: Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support

Discus and support Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft published a .NET Framework lifecycle FAQ update on October 20, 2018 to highlight changes in regards to the end of support for the company's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support

Microsoft published a .NET Framework lifecycle FAQ update on October 20, 2018 to highlight changes in regards to the end of support for the company's .NET Framework 3.5 software product.

The main change is that Microsoft considers the .NET Framework 3.5 a standalone product as opposed to a component of the operating system. The change begins with Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019.

Microsoft plans to support the .NET Framework 3.5 with 5 years of mainstream support and 5 years of extended support. In other words: the company will support the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 until October 2028 with security updates.

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1, beginning with Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019, is a standalone product and receives 5 years of mainstream support followed by 5 years of extended support. For operating systems released prior to Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019, .NET 3.5 SP1 remains a component of the Windows version on which it is installed.

Future operating system releases won't affect the support lifecycle of the .NET Framework 3.5.

Nothing changes for operating system versions prior to Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019. The .Net Framework 3.5 is considered a component of the operating system and follows the same support cycle as the operating system itself (means support ends when the operating system reaches the end of the extended support phase).

Some programs do require the Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 and not a newer version of the framework; this is for instance the case for programs that have not been updated for a while.

Windows 10 detects the missing framework automatically when a program is run on the system that requires a framework version that is not installed on the device and prompts for installation of the missing components.

Net Framework 3.5 End of Support

Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support windows-10-net-framework-3.5-end-of-support.png

• Windows 7 Service Pack 1 -- January 14, 2020
    • Windows 8.1 -- January 10, 2023
    • Windows 10 version 1607 -- April 9, 2019
    • Windows 10 version 1703 -- October 8, 2019
    • Windows 10 version 1709 -- April 14, 2020
    • Windows 10 version 1803 -- November 10, 2020
    • Windows 10 version 1809 -- October 2028
    • Windows Server 2019 -- October 2028

Microsoft ended the support for the .NET Framework versions 4.0, 4.5, and 4.5.1 in 2015.

No changes were announced for the lifecycle policies for the .NET Framework 4.x which continue to be defined as a component of the operating system as opposed to a standalone component. The .NET Framework 4.x follows the support lifecycle of the Windows operating system version that is used.

Closing Words

The .NET Framework 3.5 will be supported for another ten years until October 2028 or, in the case of pre-Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 versions, until the operating system itself reaches end of support. (via Deskmodder)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Support Ending for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1

On January 12, Support Ends for these .NET Framework Versions

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archi...and-4-5-1.aspx

Cluster Head, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

no, problem is still actual for me.

have MSI Notebook, problem is

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'WPFOSD.GraphicsSwitchWnd.VGAType'.

at MSI.SCM.SCMII.WMIEventMath(Int32 WMIEvent), after i make something by S-BAR buttons like adding volume or something like that.

sergei.kulakov, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support

1. Microsoft details .NET Framework 3.5 End of Support - Similar Threads - Microsoft details NET

2. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework Support Cycle: Good day, am looking for some information on support cycles for .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.1 SP1. Is it the case that if v 3.5.1 is installed the dependencies concerning 2.0 and 3.0 which are required are in support? I believe that in isolation they are end of...
  3. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Framework Support Cycle: Good day, am looking for some information on support cycles for .NET framework versions 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5.1 SP1. Is it the case that if v 3.5.1 is installed the dependencies concerning 2.0 and 3.0 which are required are in support? I believe that in isolation they are end of...
  4. .NET Framework Support Cycle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  6. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  7. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, 4.6 and 4.6.1 reach end of support in April 2022

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2, 4.6 and 4.6.1 reach end of support in April 2022: Microsoft Windows users who have installed the Microsoft .NET versions 4.5.2, 4.6 or 4.6.1 will have to install newer versions of Microsoft's framework if they want the framework to be supported by Microsoft with product updates in the future. [ATTACH] All three frameworks...
  8. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hello. I've come across this software and someone told me it is necessary to install in order to run games smoothly.Is this true and if it is do I need to install it?MY SPECSWINDOWS 10 PRO x64i38gb single channel...
  9. Microsoft .NET Framework

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft .NET Framework: Hi so I have this problem with Microsoft .NET Framework, some kind of pop up appeared called : "Microsoft .Net Framework Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click...
  10. Support Ending for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1

in Windows 10 News
    Support Ending for the .NET Framework 4, 4.5 and 4.5.1: On January 12, Support Ends for these .NET Framework Versions As previously announced, starting January 12, 2016 Microsoft will no longer provide security updates, technical support or hotfixes for .NET 4, 4.5, and 4.5.1 frameworks. All other framework versions,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms edge dotnet 3.5 support

2. .net framework 3.5 end of support