Windows 10: Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update

Discus and support Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; During development of the HP Reverb G2 in partnership with HP and Valve, we’ve made some improvements to the Windows Mixed Reality VR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1874967

:)

Brink, Nov 12, 2020

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Mixed Reality portal opens automatically causing gaming programs to freeze and crash.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be when devices do not work the way they supposed to and impacting gaming experience. However we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the make and model of the computer?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to try following methods and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Disable Microsoft Mixed reality on start-up.

1. Right click on Task Bar and open
      Task Manager
    2. Click on More details and go to
      Startup
      tab.
    3. Look for and right click on Windows Mixed Reality.
    4. Choose Disable and check.

Method 2: Shut down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal.

First switch off the simulator and then shut down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal and check if the issue persists.

We would also suggest you to refer
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality
    Navigating the Windows Mixed Reality home

Using Windows Mixed Reality FAQ
    and
    Controllers in Windows Mixed Reality
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update

Microsoft Mixed Reality portal issue

Hello Elizabeth, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.

I am here to help.

I recommend that you try the steps mentioned below:

Try disabling Microsoft Mixed reality on start-up

1. Open the Task Manager

2. Tap on More details and move to Startup tab

3. Search for Windows Mixed Reality and right click on it

4. Select Disable and check the issue

Try shutting down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal.

Switch off the simulator - shut down Microsoft Mixed Reality Portal - check the issue.

I can also recommend that you refer to the following articles to get more information.

Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-...

Navigating the Windows Mixed Reality home:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-...

Using Windows Mixed Reality FAQ and Controllers in Windows Mixed Reality:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404051...

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update

1. Microsoft details on Windows 10 Mixed Reality Visual Quality Update - Similar Threads - Microsoft details Mixed

2. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  3. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  4. Window 10 mixed reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 mixed reality: are you able to play Forza horizon 3 on windows mixed reality https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-mixed-reality/f43e8b34-48a5-45c2-a7d4-64c4c048bcca
  5. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  6. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  7. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  8. Mixed Reality @ Microsoft - July 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Mixed Reality @ Microsoft - July 2018 Update: Hey, everyone! It’s been a busy summer here in Redmond, in particular the month of July – with our company fresh off Microsoft Inspire, our second Mixed Reality Partner Summit and the inaugural Microsoft Business Applications Summit. Every year July carries a special...
  9. Adjust Mixed Reality Visual Quality for Headset Display in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Adjust Mixed Reality Visual Quality for Headset Display in Windows 10: How to: Adjust Mixed Reality Visual Quality for Headset Display in Windows 10 How to Adjust Mixed Reality Visual Quality for Headset Display in Windows 10 Mixed reality blends real-world and virtual content into hybrid environments where physical and digital objects...
  10. Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update

in Windows 10 News
    Mixed Reality at Microsoft - February update: Microsoft HoloLens comes to Singapore and United Arab Emirates as HP, Honeywell, and Trimble showcase momentum for mixed reality. It’s hard to believe that 2018 is almost two months old! Speaking on behalf of everyone on the mixed reality team at Microsoft, we are excited...