Windows 10: Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; October is almost over! The leaves are changing, pumpkin spices are everywhere, and frights and haunts are becoming commonplace. In the U.S.,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/...areness-month/

:)

Brink, Oct 26, 2020

2. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing problems using Microsoft Edge. Let me help you resolve the issue.

Please share the details.

• Can you find any error message or code while accessing Edge?

• Is the issue occurring in any particular websites?

• Have you tried logging in any other website? If yes, what is the status?

The problem may occur due to cookies were blocked.

I suggest you to go through the below article and refer the section
    How can I clear and manage cookies in Microsoft Edge?
    And check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

I hope the information helps. If not, please reply with the updated status and details. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Edge is not responding

Hi Eunices,

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry. We will assist to resolve this issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to clear the browsing history, cache and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots
      (. . .).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on the tab Clear Browsing data (Choose what to clear).
    • Check the box next to the options needs to be cleared and click
      Clear
    For reference Microsoft Edge and privacy: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

Step 2: Run the apps troubleshooter and check if it helps with the issue. Refer to the following article and run the Apps troubleshooter:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank You.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge

1. Microsoft Details Safety and Privacy in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft Details Safety

2. Microsoft and violations of privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft and violations of privacy: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65817558 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-and-violations-of-privacy/960553d9-b07b-4e95-8066-ca036f4855c9
  3. Microsoft Privacy Notice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Privacy Notice: I recently updated my password and since then the Microsoft Privacy Notice keeps coming up, even though I have accepted it. It is very annoying. Please advise how I can stop this happening? Thanks....
  4. Microsoft Privacy Notice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Privacy Notice: I recently updated my password and since then the Microsoft Privacy Notice keeps coming up, even though I have accepted it. It is very annoying. Please advise how I can stop this happening? Thanks....
  5. Privacy and online safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy and online safety: I downloaded Sea of Thieves some days ago and something that i always loved to do is talking with other players with the speaker, i don't know why but when i try to speak to them they can't hear me and i can't hear them, but instead my crewmates can hear me on the game. I was...
  6. Microsoft Edge 88 Privacy and Security Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge 88 Privacy and Security Updates: We can hardly believe it’s been about one year since we launched the new Microsoft Edge – and what a year it’s been! It’s safe to say that a lot has changed since our launch in January 2020, but one thing that remains constant...
  7. Microsoft Edge Dev circumvents Microsoft Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Edge Dev circumvents Microsoft Family Safety: My son somehow learned that he can bypass all internet restrictions on the computer by downloading and installing Microsoft Edge Dev. First of all, he has a standard account -- not an admin account. He shouldn't be able to install any software, but somehow he can. So that's...
  8. Microsoft Privacy Intrusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Privacy Intrusion: I'm appalled that Microsoft and Windows 10 finds it justified in scanning all my photos on my machine to display cute pictures during startup and idol time. Of the hundreds of photos on a NAS, someone has to have selected photos to display since they think those photos are...
  9. Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Details Migration Plan of New Microsoft Edge to Windows 10: Curious about how Microsoft Edge will be updated to the new version when you install the final (Stable channel) release on/after January 15th? This article has the answer. Note: For the best experience, you'll need the latest updates for Windows. Tweet — Twitter API (@user)...
  10. Microsoft adding a new privacy API to Chromium (Chrome and Edge)

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft adding a new privacy API to Chromium (Chrome and Edge): On the privacy front, Microsoft is working on another new feature so users don’t have to compromise between privacy projects and embedded content will continue to function correctly. Last year Apple added a new privacy API called ‘Storage Access’ to its Safari browser that...