Windows 10: Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it.

Discus and support Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my Xbox Game Pass (Beta) for PC to play some games but for some reason, the Install Box is not shaded. When I attempt to Install them... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ThreeCakes, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it.

I'm trying to use my Xbox Game Pass (Beta) for PC to play some games but for some reason, the Install Box is not shaded. When I attempt to Install them onto my devices by using the three dots, nothing pops up. However, I know there is my device on my account but whenever I try to locate that device, the website says "We can't locate your device right now." I'm getting real pissed off because I've tried to find answers for a couple of hours and so far nothing has popped up.

:)

ThreeCakes, Aug 31, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 31, 2019
  3. windows 7 can't see my microsoft sidewinder gamepad

I'm trying to install a gamepad from the year 2000
    I tried adding a device automatically using "add device" under "hardware and sound" it never ended looking for devices and nothing showed so I cancel it, then I tried adding a legacy hardware under action menu on device manager but my device wasn't listed.

as a last try I used the game port to usb adapter but it detected it as unknown device and searched for microsoft drivers but there were no sidewinders listed.

this use to work under xp but is not listed or detected on win7 I need the driver for it it's a microsoft gamepad that uses the gameport to connect to the pc. Is there a wey to take the driver from the windows xp disc?

Miguel2013, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it.

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it.

1. Microsoft detects that I have a device but for some reason it can't Find it. - Similar Threads - Microsoft detects device

2. I can't connect to online support for some reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't connect to online support for some reason.: I can't connect to the online help. I have been waiting over an hour. I can't connect to my Gmail account. I can't do anything. Please someone give me a number I can call to get help.Thank you in advance, Beverely Nichols...
  3. I can't connect to online support for some reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to online support for some reason.: I can't connect to the online help. I have been waiting over an hour. I can't connect to my Gmail account. I can't do anything. Please someone give me a number I can call to get help.Thank you in advance, Beverely Nichols...
  4. I can't reinstall windows 10 for some reason..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reinstall windows 10 for some reason..: So basically i had a virus which were installed through a setup in my acer laptop i was forced to make a clean reset so everything will be cleaned, but i was wrong. Throughout the process of resetting it took me about 7 hours until it cleaned the pc and started to install the...
  5. I can't reinstall windows 10 for some reason..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't reinstall windows 10 for some reason..: So basically i had a virus which were installed through a setup in my acer laptop i was forced to make a clean reset so everything will be cleaned, but i was wrong. Throughout the process of resetting it took me about 7 hours until it cleaned the pc and started to install the...
  6. I'm trying to get to the bios device menu but I can't find it for some reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm trying to get to the bios device menu but I can't find it for some reason: I just can't find it submitted by /u/oferpoferlofer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mc8ikf/im_trying_to_get_to_the_bios_device_menu_but_i/
  7. Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't

Trying to delete that file, but for some reason i can't: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/THELOLESTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiak80/trying_to_delete_that_file_but_for_some_reason_i/
  8. i can't find my device on the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    i can't find my device on the microsoft store: so I bought the minecraft starter edition on my computer but the problem is I can't use it on my PC it keeps on saying install on my devices but why do I have to install on my devices?why can't i just install? because i am using a PC and I signed into my PC with the same...
  9. Can't sign in for some reason

Can't sign in for some reason: I've gone on a bunch of websites with their fixes, none of them worked. https://gyazo.com/76d685e4a3fb27a7fbd6d32adca1092d submitted by /u/egabayot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fh8419/cant_sign_in_for_some_reason/
  10. Can't defrag this volume for some reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't defrag this volume for some reason: [img] [img] I am trying to optimize my system performance, by making sure every single drive is defragged, but when I open disk defragmenter and run it for all drives 1 volume cannot be optimized for some reason. I have a 7200 RPM 1TB W.D. Primary for windows and a...