Windows 10: Microsoft DirectX

Discus and support Microsoft DirectX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is DirectX 10 good for gaming ?Is WDDM 1.1 good or bad ?My pc Graphics is Intel GMA X4500 , when I searched about Intel GMA X4500 in internet , I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SubhabrataAdhikari, May 18, 2022.

1. Microsoft DirectX

Is DirectX 10 good for gaming ?Is WDDM 1.1 good or bad ?My pc Graphics is Intel GMA X4500 , when I searched about Intel GMA X4500 in internet , I saw that it supports OpenGL 2.1 , but when I checked the OpenGL version by using the app "OpenGL Extension Viewer" , I saw that the app is showing that my pc has OpenGL 1.1 , it did not show me OpenGL 2.1. What is the reason of this problem ? How can I solve this problem ? System Specifications are Core 2 Duo E7200 processor , WD SATA 500 GB HDD , MSI G41M-P26 Motherboard , 4 GB DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM

:)

SubhabrataAdhikari, May 18, 2022

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 18, 2022
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, May 18, 2022
  4. Microsoft DirectX

Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

How to install the latest version of DirectX

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Microsoft DirectX

1. Microsoft DirectX - Similar Threads - Microsoft DirectX

2. I have directx 12 in dxdiag but microsoft doesn't detect iam using dx12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have directx 12 in dxdiag but microsoft doesn't detect iam using dx12: hello i have directx 12 in my hardware and the requirement had a minimum of Version 11 in microsoft store . i checked in dxdiag its says i have dx12 and i can't play minecraft...
  3. I have directx 12 in dxdiag but microsoft doesn't detect iam using dx12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have directx 12 in dxdiag but microsoft doesn't detect iam using dx12: hello i have directx 12 in my hardware and the requirement had a minimum of Version 11 in microsoft store . i checked in dxdiag its says i have dx12 and i can't play minecraft...
  4. Microsoft DirectX file not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX file not found: While trying to start up Batman: Arkham Asylum via Steam, I get an error whenever I hit start or settings saying it could not load or find "Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D". I run on Windows 11 which to my knowledge comes with DirectX predownloaded so the issue is not from...
  5. Microsoft DirectX file not found

Microsoft DirectX file not found: While trying to start up Batman: Arkham Asylum via Steam, I get an error whenever I hit start or settings saying it could not load or find "Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D". I run on Windows 11 which to my knowledge comes with DirectX predownloaded so the issue is not from...
  6. DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present: Hi,I have an issue with Directx 12: All 3D-applications run terribly slow. Checking dxdiag, I can see that DirectX 12 is using the IntelR UHD Graphics as Display Device, The card shows correctly in the Device Manager and I installed the most recent drivers from Nvidia...
  7. DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present

DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present: Hi,I have an issue with Directx 12: All 3D-applications run terribly slow. Checking dxdiag, I can see that DirectX 12 is using the IntelR UHD Graphics as Display Device, The card shows correctly in the Device Manager and I installed the most recent drivers from Nvidia...
  8. DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX 12 using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter even though 3D card is present: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-12-using-microsoft-basic-display-adapter/4bfeffc1-29da-495c-a39d-314e184f30d8However I try to uninstall driver or install...
  9. Microsoft flight sim directX 12 beta error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight sim directX 12 beta error: I just installed Microsoft flight sim and when I loaded in it said an error about my drive overheating of over docking now it also says that the direct X 12 that I'm using is in beta and to switch back to DirectX 11. I already tried to change my GPU and I tried to change back...
  10. Microsoft flight sim directX 12 beta error

Microsoft flight sim directX 12 beta error: I just installed Microsoft flight sim and when I loaded in it said an error about my drive overheating of over docking now it also says that the direct X 12 that I'm using is in beta and to switch back to DirectX 11. I already tried to change my GPU and I tried to change back...