Windows 10: Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge

Discus and support Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has started rolling out Chromium based Edge for Canary and Developer builds. Using Chromium as the base, Edge should work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 9, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge

WinClub, Apr 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge - Features are missing!

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10 and bringing this to our notice.

We would suggest you to send a feedback by asking the feature you are looking for.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Send feedback.
    • Follow the on-line instructions.
    Refer to these steps to pin a website to start screen:

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...).
    • Click on Pin to Start
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Ganesh Achar B, Apr 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    chromium

Hi Steph,

Chromium is a nuisance, and could be classed as malware it did not come with Windows or from Microsoft - it is installed automatically when you install 3rd software and is extremely difficult to remove . . .

The best way to remove it is to manually delete it:

Open Windows file explorer

On the view ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items'

Navigate to (replace username with your login name):

C:\Users\username\AppData\

Open the Local and Roaming folders, and if you see a Chromium folder inside either or both of them, delete it

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if Chromium is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if Chromium is listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft disabled these Chromium Services & Features in new Edge - Similar Threads - Microsoft disabled Chromium

2. Sire Isolation feature in Edge Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Sire Isolation feature in Edge Chromium?: Hi everyone! For those of you who have the below feature enabled on Edge Chromium or even Google Chrome, can anyone confirm that this security feature may slow your computer down? Site Isolation - The Chromium Projects I am afraid to enable this in the FLAGS setting since...
  3. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Hi folks, So I recently decided to download the new Edge Chromium and I like it, but I have a question. Everytime I open the browser there are around 5-13 instances of it running in task manager when I only have one window open and only one tab. Why is that? 156765
  4. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  5. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  6. Disable Chromium Edge Apps

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Chromium Edge Apps: Excerpts from an article detailing how to disable apps on Chromium Edge from running in background when Edge is closed. Any advantage or not ? One of the capabilities that have been migrated to the new Edge is support for a background service that would keep running even...
  7. Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is porting Chromium Edge’s feature to Chrome: Ever since Satya Nadella became CEO of Microsoft, Google and Microsoft have agreed to collaborate on certain projects. For example, Google is closely working with Microsoft to optimize Android for dual-screen devices like Surface Duo. Similarly, Microsoft is actively...
  8. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: I live in the US but gonna move. I’d like to know how I can change the region for Microsoft Edge Chromium? MicrosoftEdge_X64_75.0.111.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-chromium/90e60d5d-9c1e-4058-8f2f-b7c69b510b0f
  9. List of DevTools in new Microsoft Edge (Chromium)

in Windows 10 News
    List of DevTools in new Microsoft Edge (Chromium): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge is built using Chromium open source project, and if you are developer, here is the list of Dev Tools in Microsoft Edge (Chromium). A few new tools have made their entry into the DevTools list. It [...] This post List of DevTools in new...
  10. Hands-on with the early features of Microsoft Chromium Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with the early features of Microsoft Chromium Edge on Windows 10: Microsoft has been working on a new version of Edge browser based on Chromium open source project and the browser is slowly getting ready for public beta testing. The shift to Chromium promises big improvements to Edge, including support for a wide range of extensions,...