Windows 10: Microsoft discusses the benefits of Windows as a service

Discus and support Microsoft discusses the benefits of Windows as a service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re in the “Windows as a service” era and Microsoft make improvements to Windows 10 as necessary over time. Windows 10 as a service is updated every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 22, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft discusses the benefits of Windows as a service

We’re in the “Windows as a service” era and Microsoft make improvements to Windows 10 as necessary over time. Windows 10 as a service is updated every month with general or security improvements, and twice a year with new features.

The traditional Windows servicing approach included major Windows releases, service packs and monthly updates. With Windows as a Service approach, Microsoft has simplified the Windows update process. Windows 10 now offers only two types of releases – features updates and monthly updates.

Microsoft says Windows as a Service approach has numerous advantages, including the ability to update Windows with new features faster, continuous stability and quality improvements, better compatibility with latest standards and apps.

Advantages of Windows as a Service

Windows 7 support ends in eight months from today and the traditional Windows Update process will also fade away. In a blog post, Microsoft shared the main reasons that make Windows as a Service more effective than the traditional approach.

Improved stability

Microsoft says the WaaS approach has improved the stability of the OS with monthly updates. Windows 10 updates are released to 800 million active devices, 35 million application titles which include 175 million application versions.

Microsoft also rolls out updates for 16 million unique hardware and driver combinations.

More secure

Another big advantage of WaaS is users don’t have to install a new operating system every few years to get security patches and features. Users can continue to use Windows 10 and receive regular updates without worrying about security patches.

More productive

Windows 10’s features updates have introduced several new features over time and many of the changes have been designed to make the life of IT professionals more productive.

Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)

Windows as a Service has also reduced the total cost of ownership by helping administrators and IT professionals focus more on:

• Application compatibility testing.
    • Reducing security risk, remediation costs, support costs.
    • Enable effective employee-customer interactions.
    The May 2019 Update

Microsoft has learned from its messy Windows 10 update mistakes of the past and Windows 10 May 2019 Update has offered a smoother upgrade experience than any previous version of Windows 10.

Users have reported fewer issues with May 2019 Update and Microsoft is also giving customers more control, quality and transparency over software updates.

The post Microsoft discusses the benefits of Windows as a service appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 22, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 22, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Microsoft quietly rolled out SP2 for Windows Server 2003 today as part of its critical updates list. Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) is a cumulative service pack that includes the latest updates and provides enhancements to security and stability. In addition, it adds new features and updates to existing Windows Server 2003 features and utilities. The SP2 update can be applied to all Windows Server 2003/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition products.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jul 22, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Releases Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2

Microsoft today released Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2, to all users. A Service Pack is a periodical cumulative of updates released between a period of time, that also introduces new features to the OS. For both operating systems based on the Windows 6.1 kernel, Service Pack 1 will provide all product and security updates released to date. A couple of new features that will benefit Windows 2008 R2 are also bundled. These include Dynamic Memory and RemoteFX.

Dynamic Memory lets Hyper-V administrators pool available memory on a physical host and dynamically distribute it to any virtual machine(s) running on that host, while RemoteFX lets Windows Server 2008 R2 administrators provide a rich end user desktop virtualization experience by delivering vivid content, independent of any graphics stack, to server-hosted virtual and session-based desktops. We put Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to test, to see how the updated OS benefits gamers, or if it does in the first place. Our performance analysis can be read here. A list of notable changes with SP1 can be read here.

btarunr, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft discusses the benefits of Windows as a service - Similar Threads - Microsoft discusses benefits

2. The benefit of internal audit services in any business with Qmii

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The benefit of internal audit services in any business with Qmii: Audit services play a critical role in any business by providing an independent and objective assessment of the company's financial statements and operations. This helps management to make informed decisions about where to allocate resources and how to improve efficiency and...
  3. The benefit of internal audit services in any business with Qmii

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The benefit of internal audit services in any business with Qmii: Audit services play a critical role in any business by providing an independent and objective assessment of the company's financial statements and operations. This helps management to make informed decisions about where to allocate resources and how to improve efficiency and...
  4. benefits of windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    benefits of windows 11: What are the benefits of windows 11 compared to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/benefits-of-windows-11/467821cb-1949-41d5-8979-f6e67fbbe238
  5. benefits of windows 11

benefits of windows 11: What are the benefits of windows 11 compared to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/benefits-of-windows-11/467821cb-1949-41d5-8979-f6e67fbbe238
  6. Should I buy iPad or a laptop? Benefits of both discussed

in Windows 10 News
    Should I buy iPad or a laptop? Benefits of both discussed: [ATTACH]When Apple introduced its iPad Pro with its very own M1 chip in 2021, a question that was sitting on the horizon for almost a decade arises, should I buy an iPad or a Laptop? In this post, we will answer this question and discuss every detail worth knowing about both...
  7. Microsoft discusses efforts for passwordless technology

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft discusses efforts for passwordless technology: [img] As 2020 draws to a close, most of us are looking forward to putting this year in the rearview mirror. Since we depend even more on getting online for everything in our lives, we’re more than ready to be done with passwords. Passwords are a hassle to use,...
  8. is microsoft assure plan any benefit

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    is microsoft assure plan any benefit: i am paying for microsoft assure and i believe it was a benefit the first time i paid as I was told i have too for the support i needed. but over the last year, I have called many times to the normal support or chat and no one ever asks me for assure and some people don't...
  9. Microsoft explains the benefits of Windows 10 Dynamic Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains the benefits of Windows 10 Dynamic Update: Dynamic Update can help organizations and end users alike ensure that their Windows 10 devices have the latest feature update content (as part of an in-place upgrade)—and preserve precious features on demand (FODs) and language packs (LPs) that may have been previously...
  10. what benefits do i get with microsoft

what benefits do i get with microsoft: what benefits do I get with micresoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-benefits-do-i-get-with-microsoft/bb9ff774-54b9-4c59-aa98-c0e188d9edcc