Windows 10: Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie

Discus and support Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I've recently purchased a MS display adapter and it can't pair with my Samsung Note 9 which is running on the newest firmware Pie. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seannhs, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Seannhs Win User

Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a MS display adapter and it can't pair with my Samsung Note 9 which is running on the newest firmware Pie. I've updated the firmware on the display adapter as well and its still not pairing. Is there any way to solve this problem?

:)

Seannhs, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Wireles Display Adapter Lags on PC but not Android

Hello
    freact,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Also, you can try to reset the Wireless Display Adapter. Please follow the steps below:

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (with Microsoft Four Square Logo) do not compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Hello
    Somwung

Currently, the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter is compatible with the following Android phones:

• Galaxy S5, SM-G9009D that is running on Android version 4.4.2.
    • Galaxy Note III, SM-N9002 that is running on Android version 4.3.
    • Galaxy S4-I9508 that is running on the Android version 4.3.
    • HTC One M8w that is running on the Android 4.4.2.
    • HTC One Max 809d that is running on the Android 4.4.2.
    • Droid Maxx that is running on the Android 4.4.2.
    • Xperia LT29i that is running on the Android 4.1.2.
    • LG Optimus G, LG E985T 4G that is running on the Android 4.4.2.
    • G2 D802 that is running on the Android 4.4.2

You may learn more about compatible devices that are compatible with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter by going to
    this link.

You may try to check for firmware updates by doing the following:

1. Download the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app
      on your Windows 8.1 or 10 computer.
    2. If a firmware update is available, select Install and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter app must be in the foreground on your device while installing firmware updates. Suspending the app will also suspend the update or may cause it to fail.

Additional information on how to troubleshoot the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter can be found at
    this link.

Feel free to reply if you have further questions.

Joe Men, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie

Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie

1. Microsoft display adapter can't pair with Note 9 on Android Pie - Similar Threads - Microsoft display adapter

2. Can't pair Android phone with Link to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't pair Android phone with Link to Windows: I have used the 'Your Phone' - 'Phone Link' app for years with previous android phones, and I love the convenience of working with messages, pics, and phone calls from my computer.I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S22 and tried to pair directly from the 'Link to Windows'...
  3. Can't pair Android phone with Link to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't pair Android phone with Link to Windows: I have used the 'Your Phone' - 'Phone Link' app for years with previous android phones, and I love the convenience of working with messages, pics, and phone calls from my computer.I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S22 and tried to pair directly from the 'Link to Windows'...
  4. Choose an Operating System:Windows 3.1 or Android 9.1 Pie in Laptops

Choose an Operating System:Windows 3.1 or Android 9.1 Pie in Laptops: Yesssvdhuisdcffivcudhscsdfigyuiwrfgeyuwerygufigeyiurftgyriueftftgeyriueigryfut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-an-operating-systemwindows-31-or-android-91/04fd6255-db4b-441f-bf7f-fcb1830ed5e8
  5. Choose an Operating System:Windows 3.1 or Android 9.1 Pie in Laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an Operating System:Windows 3.1 or Android 9.1 Pie in Laptops: Yesssvdhuisdcffivcudhscsdfigyuiwrfgeyuwerygufigeyiurftgyriueftftgeyriueigryfut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-an-operating-systemwindows-31-or-android-91/04fd6255-db4b-441f-bf7f-fcb1830ed5e8
  6. Pie Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pie Menu: I am looking for a way to make my desktop have a pie menu to launch apps. I want this pie menu to be hidden by default, but when I hit the windows key, I want it to travel to my cursor then unhide. I also want to have submenus. Basically, I want to recreate Gnome Pie in...
  7. microsoft display adapter

microsoft display adapter: I am trying to display an online video to a TV via the Microsoft display adapter. The sound seems OK but the video is jumpy, I have downloaded the latest adapter but no help. Any suggestions? The video is only jumpy when the display adapter is being used. OK otherwise....
  8. Android Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Android Bluetooth can't pair / connect to Windows 10: Hi, Im having trouble pairing / connecting my S9 to Windows desktop/laptops with bluetooth. I see the device on my phone and go trough pairing but when I'm finished on desktop/laptops it finishes with success and on phone it saiz could not pair. Sometimes it ends with...
  9. Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Connect To Microsoft Display Adapter: The other day I was using my MDA with my laptop and tv and it froze up. Everything locked up until it dropped the connection between the tv and laptop. Since then I can't connect to the MDA again. I have been using the same setup for 3 years. I have tried everything I could...
  10. Wireles Display Adapter Lags on PC but not Android

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireles Display Adapter Lags on PC but not Android: I have my Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connected to my Sanyo television. I'm trying to connect to it from both my laptop (a surface book) as well as my android device (an s7). Both will connect with no problems and from my s7 everything streams pretty smoothly, but when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. android pie microsoft display adapter