Windows 10: Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

Discus and support Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krishehl, Feb 24, 2020.

1. krishehl Win User

Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless adapter even mid-test my internet speed shoots up.

Win10Pro - build 1909

First Gen Surfacebook

Wireless Adapter Firmware version: 1.3.8384

Wifi

I have sent a recording via feedback app under this email.

:)

krishehl, Feb 24, 2020
  2. kjinshin Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my internet connection.

I just purchased the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter. I've plugged it into my HDMI receiver and have tried to connect it with my home built Windows 10 PC. When I am able to connect to the wireless display adapter, my PC loses it's wifi internet access.
    The system tray icon shows that my PC is connected to my wifi router but shows that there is no internet. Once I disconnect from the wireless display adapter and autofix my wireless internet connection, my internet comes back. This happens every time I try
    to connect the wireless display adapter. What am I missing?

I'm connecting to my wifi router with a USB TP-Link Wireless N Adapter (TL-WN823N). My processor in an Intel i7-4790K. If I can't figure this thing out, it's going back to the store.

kjinshin, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Microsoft Display Adapter not getting connected to PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can find the adapter in Device Manager.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and then click on Device Manager.

2. From the list of Hardware, find the Microsoft Display Adapter and check if you can find the device in question.

I would also suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in the first link and check if it helps.

Vanessa

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

microsoft display adapter

Hi Joe,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

I suggest you to update the display adapters as below and check if it helps.

• Right Click Start button and choose Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters
    • Right Click Intel Display Driver and choose update driver software
    • Windows should automatically start downloading and installing new driver
    • Try and connect to Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

1. Microsoft Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed - Similar Threads - Microsoft Display Adapter

2. Wifi lost due to internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi lost due to internet speed: I have a problem with the wifi. Where I lose my Wi-Fi network when watching a high-quality video and when I download a file and apply the download speed at 100 kbps or more I lose the connection and come back when I apply to troubleshoot network problems and I do not lose it...
  3. Wifi lost due to internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi lost due to internet speed: I have a problem with the wifi. Where I lose my Wi-Fi network when watching a high-quality video and when I download a file and apply the download speed at 100 kbps or more I lose the connection and come back when I apply to troubleshoot network problems and I do not lose it...
  4. Task Manager - Internet speed display.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager - Internet speed display.: [ATTACH] Is there a way to change the internet speed display unit from bit to byte? https://preview.redd.it/6f2m28532yx51.png?width=948&format=png&auto=webp&s=7ff76cb93db623dcbcab37219b2e3ea5ad1c248c submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  5. WiFi Network speed and internet speed question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Network speed and internet speed question: Okay I don't understand this I have a 1gb network modem/router thru CenturyLink and what I don't understand is on all my local networking I get the 1gig speed. On my wired machines when I access the internet I actually get 900mb download/upload speeds, but when I use my...
  6. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed: I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless...
  7. Windows 10 update killed wifi network adapter

Windows 10 update killed wifi network adapter: For context I am running windows 10 via bootcamp. Last Tuesday Windows updated to what im assuming is the 1903 update. Ever since then I have been unable to use my wifi internet connection. The computer establishes the connection and stays connected, the problem is that the...
  8. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  9. Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter

Windows 10 update killed my Wifi adapter: Hi One (fairly) recent Windows 10 update stopped my Wifi. However, all the fixes tell you to go into Device Manager and update the drivers. What do I do if it's gone from Device Manager (and is not hidden either) ? If it had stopped while I was working, I might have...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter - Wifi Direct: Hello, I have a smartphone Galaxy J5 (2016) which does not have the feature of screen mirroring like in the S-series, but it has a WiFi direct option. Is it possible to transmit a video from the smartphone to the flat TV/MWDA by using my smartphone's WiFi direct option?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi direct kills my internet win10