Windows 10: Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

Discus and support Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. We are an IT provider for Schools in Yorkshire, UK and have a fleet of these adaptors for the school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Paul Addy, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Paul Addy Win User

Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. We are an IT provider for Schools in Yorkshire, UK and have a fleet of these adaptors for the school whiteboards. Most of them work fine, however one of them is having issues. The display will randomly colour shift during use, mostly a red hue over the entire display. rebooting it will fix it for a short period of time but then it returns. So far we have tried it on different displays, different HDMI ports, usb adaptor power, updating firmware and a factory reset. Nothing seems to fix it so will need an RMA. Contacting Microsoft support over the phone an

:)

Paul Addy, Jun 8, 2023
  2. Knobby Win User

Microsoft Wireless Display adaptor - Not detected in MSWDP App

Hi,

I found my old MSWDA and tried to connect it to see if it still was worth using.

Connected to secondary Monitor, starts fine, and makes it to the Ready to connect screen.

Win + K on my Win 11 PC, and it finds and connects to the 2nd monitor without issue.

I then installed the Microsoft Wireless Display APP from the MS Store, then I opened the app, but it doesn't find the adaptor that I've clearly installed as the display is duplicated to my 2nd monitor, and no matter how manner times I hit refresh, the APP never finds my adaptor?

Steps I've taken to try and fix so far include...

Reset the Adaptor - Pushed reset button on adaptor for 15 secs, no change except adaptor name has changed back to the default name.

Removed and reinstalled the adaptor from my devices, no change

Allowed APP through my Firewall, no change.

Would anyone else be able to advise further steps to try, please?

Adaptor v1.3 cant get it to be detected to update to v2

Windows 11 build 22593 (have also tried on a Clean Win 10 install)

Thanks

Paul

Knobby, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Multiple issues with display adaptor (I think)

Hi Artur,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

It indicates that driver related to Graphics Card stops responding or malfunctioning. Try the below steps and check if they helps.

Method 1:

You may update the Graphics card drivers from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “Display Adaptor”.

c). Right click on the Graphics card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall”
    then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start.

To troubleshoot Microsoft Edge I suggest you to follow the methods and check if it helps:

Method 2:

Refer to these steps to open Edge using InPrivate option.

Run the Edge using InPrivate option and check the issue status.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options (...)

• Click on New InPrivate window.
    Method 3:

Refer to these steps to clear the browsing data.

Reset the Edge by clearing browning data and check if that helps you.

• Open the Edge, then click on more options(...)

• Click on Settings, then click on clearing browning data.

• Select all, then click on Clear.

• Restart the Edge and check the issue status.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

Microsoft V2 Wireless Display Adapter screen resolution issue.

Hello,

An outdated driver is one of the possible reasons why you're having an issue changing the resolution of the second monitor. For us to isolate and assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is there any error messages when you attempt to change the resolution?
    • Have you also tried updating your Display driver and see if it makes any difference?If you still haven't, you can follow the steps below on how you can update it.

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

1. Click on the start icon and click on “Device Manager”.

2. Expand “Display Adaptor”.

3. Right-click on the video driver and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

1. Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues - Similar Threads - Microsoft Display Adaptor

2. Microsoft Wireless display adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless display adaptor: Greetings,I am trying to update firmware by physically connecting to laptop into HDMI and USB Port on the Laptop, but it is not detecting in the wireless adaptor application and Laptop. even I tried to reset but could not.So, I updated windows updates and latest Microsoft...
  3. Microsoft Wireless display adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Wireless display adaptor: Greetings,I am trying to update firmware by physically connecting to laptop into HDMI and USB Port on the Laptop, but it is not detecting in the wireless adaptor application and Laptop. even I tried to reset but could not.So, I updated windows updates and latest Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. We are an IT provider for Schools in Yorkshire, UK and have a fleet of these adaptors for the school whiteboards. Most of them work fine, however one of them is having issues. The display will randomly colour shift during use, mostly a...
  5. Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Display Adaptor V2 issues: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. We are an IT provider for Schools in Yorkshire, UK and have a fleet of these adaptors for the school whiteboards. Most of them work fine, however one of them is having issues. The display will randomly colour shift during use, mostly a...
  6. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  7. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor: Does Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor support duplicating screen/ hdmi? I'm so lost I can't change it back because the LCD of my laptop was totally black. I can no longer see the settings or any functions, all I can do is use its keyboard. I accidentally change my drive when I...
  8. Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor

9. Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 with widescreen LG 29WK600

Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 with widescreen LG 29WK600: Dear Microsoft, I just bought Microsoft Wireless Adaptor V2 and after connected to LG 29WK600, there is no the resolution 2560 X 1080 Please kindly help Thank you Asawin P....
  10. Display Adaptor

Display Adaptor: Hello, I have uninstalled the display adaptor without intention. I wanted to reinstall the driver for the display adaptor but then noticed, that there wasn't a display adaptor in the device manager anymore. It just didn't pop up. I also checked that hidden devices were...