Windows 10: Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English

Discus and support Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Team Microsoft hello, I m currently living in China and just bought a Lenovo PC at the shop (Windows 10). We have been there hours trying to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChloeLecomte, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English

Team Microsoft hello,

I m currently living in China and just bought a Lenovo PC at the shop (Windows 10). We have been there hours trying to find a solution to change the system/display screen in English. It is not working.
    We firstly look on the website for people’s question having the same problem. None of your answer could help us (and them). How comes ?
    Please dont tell me to go the to the clock region and language I have done this. The only part that cant be change, and most important one is the display screen.
    This is the really first and important problem.

A second one I would like to share, its that I couldnt put my outlook email to set this laptop I had to use a chinese email that of course i didnt want to. How comes? I am going everyday to my mail box without VPN in China. And Outlook its from Microsoft. How could I met this kind of problem.

I am a little disappointed, these issues shouldnt be met. I “trade” my Apple PC to a Microsoft one and for now really regret. We are having so much troubles.

waiting for your helpful answer,

sincerely

:)

ChloeLecomte, Dec 10, 2019

2. The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Dear Wungraileng Vashi,

Thank you for your reply. I did not make any changes to the PC settings and the only change that has recently occurred is that the BBC Iplayer App was updated to a new version.

Step I results

English (UK) is selected (though if say French is selected the keyboard will reflect the French keyboard layout)

Step 2 Results

English (UK) is selected

Step 3 Results

English (UK) is the top Language (Though cannot be certain if the the Chinese actually indicates if it is the default)

I have removed English as the language and installed French, but apart from the keyboard reflecting those language changes the O/S is still displaying Chinese. There is no Chinese in the installed languages.

Regards,

Rupert

RupertRidout-Jamieson, Dec 10, 2019
  3. The PC no longer displays in English but has reverted to Chinese as the Display language.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

To better assist you, do let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue. Also, did you try removing and re-installing English language pack?

Meanwhile, just to make sure English is selected, I would suggest you to try the steps below and let us know the result.

Step 1:

-Press Windows key + Spacebar and see which language is selected.

Step 2:

-Press Windows key + I to open settings

-Click time and language

-Click region and language and check the language selected. Also, if Chinese is listed, see if you can remove it.

Step 3:

-Press Windows key + R

-Type control /name Microsoft.Language and press enter to open language settings.

- Make sure English is set as the default language. Also, see if it is moved to the top.

Do let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English

Help, half Chinese, half English Computer.....

Hi,

If you want to change the language on your computer from Chinese to English, then you need to install the language pack of your preferred language. To do that, follow these easy steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language, then click
      Region & language
    • Under Languages, click Add a language, then select
      English.

In case it is still showing in Chinese language, you can follow these other steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard, then select Control Panel.
    • Go to Clock, Language, and Region, then select Language.
    • Next, click Advanced settings, then under Override for Windows display language, you will get the language option to select.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marque Lor, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English

1. Microsoft display screen in Chinese to English - Similar Threads - Microsoft display screen

2. Convert Chinese Laptop to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Chinese Laptop to English: A friend of mine bought a laptop in China she is on a two year contract there, Everything is in Chinese in Windows 11. How can the Windows 11 be changed to English. According to the Chinese IT the Windows 11 is a Chinese family package and cannot be converted from Chinese to...
  3. Convert Chinese Laptop to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert Chinese Laptop to English: A friend of mine bought a laptop in China she is on a two year contract there, Everything is in Chinese in Windows 11. How can the Windows 11 be changed to English. According to the Chinese IT the Windows 11 is a Chinese family package and cannot be converted from Chinese to...
  4. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  5. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  6. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  7. How to change a display font to English from Chinese?

How to change a display font to English from Chinese?: Hello Team - I bought a new laptop with Win10 and the default language is Chinese. Please let me know how to change the display language to English?...
  8. Reset window to English from Chinese

Reset window to English from Chinese: How to reset window text from Chinese to English text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-window-to-english-from-chinese/c412862a-d263-485f-8eef-2e3e537d2e0b
  9. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version: ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version. How to solve this issue, thanks....
  10. Language conversion from chinese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Language conversion from chinese to english: I bought new DELL (Inspiron 5559, 9LZM162) laptop but the window is in Chinese. I want convert Chinese to English language. I read How to Add or Remove Language Packs and change Display Language in Windows 10 and I did this all. Then i signed out and signed in but still...