Windows 10: Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance

Discus and support Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft started rolling out forced Windows Update tiled “KB4559309” and it alleged killed system performance for many users. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance

Earlier this year, Microsoft started rolling out forced Windows Update tiled “KB4559309” and it alleged killed system performance for many users. This update was reportedly pushed out to a wide range of devices to replace the old Edge browser with the new Chromium-based one.

The problem is not with the Chromium Edge, which is a fantastic Chrome alternative, but something in the Windows 10 KB4559309 update process was reportedly hampering the performance of some devices, specifically the startup time.

Another problem with KB4559309 is that the update is pushed out automatically, so you cannot opt-out unless you use advanced tools designed for business customers. If you’ve been forced to install the patch, there’s also no way to uninstall it because the option is greyed out.

“Windows taking a long time to boot up after installing the KB4559309 update, and sign-in is also getting very slow after that,” one user noted in Feedback Hub and Microsoft said it has received the feedback. In a community thread, Microsoft also confirmed that they’re investigating the reports.

Fortunately, after several users flagged the problem, Microsoft says it has replaced the update with another update “KB4576754” and it appears to install without any problems for users.

“This update replaces previously released updates KB4541301, KB4541302 and KB4559309,” the company noted in support documentation.

Windows 10 KB4576754 was issued on August 31 to replace the botched KB4559309 and we haven’t seen anyone reporting performance issues after applying the patch.

Chances are you won’t face any performance issues or system slowdown after this patched update installs onto your machine.

KB4576754, which is also installed automatically, enables the new Chromium Edge on Windows 10 and the new browser is a huge improvement over the previous one.

If you’re still worried about the potential performance issues in the latest update, you should manually download and install the Chromium-based Edge browser. When the Chromium-based Edge is installed, Windows Update will automatically block the update from installing onto your device.

The post Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 20, 2020

2. Microsoft Gives Windows 10 a Major Performance Boost

"Microsoft released its first major update to Windows 10, with its centerpiece being a performance boost specific to the OS. Redmond claims that with this update, Windows 10 will be up to 30 percent quicker to start-up than Windows 7, and will have higher "performance in everyday tasks"

is there an emoticon for "leans to one side and farts"? *Wink Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance ;)

jboydgolfer, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance

1. Microsoft ditches Windows 10 update that allegedly killed performance - Similar Threads - Microsoft ditches update

2. Last ditch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last ditch: I've tried to ask this before, but I'm trying to do a clean install of my hdd, but I want to know what I can keep? I've workd out that the drive is certainly giving me blue screens most days, I'm many troubleshoots past that. But how much do I have to delete? Old videos? Old...
  3. Latest Windows 10 bug kills performance in some games

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 bug kills performance in some games: If you’re having problems, stutters, FPS drops and performance issues in certain games, you should consider disabling Game Mode. Windows 10’s Game Mode is a feature that prioritizes CPU and GPU resources to improve game performance. Unfortunately, this feature is also a...
  4. Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft?: Is it time to buy an Apple and ditch Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-time-to-buy-an-apple-and-ditch-microsoft/63bcb076-e817-41a5-a684-326bc10c8e04
  5. Call alleged to be from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Call alleged to be from Microsoft: I received a call allegedly from Microsoft. I was told they would service my license or cancel it within 48 hours. Is this a scam? The call I received actually listed my hone number as theirs calling me.Phone call allegedly from Microsoft...
  6. Ditch Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ditch Windows 10: Ok, it's finally time to ditch Windows 10. Let me be clear here - Windows 10 works ok when things are stable. This is however not good enough. It's 2019 and I have never known an Operating System to be so glitchy, slow and unresponsive. The vast majority of users around the...
  7. Windows 10 1809 Benchmarks. The Spectre patch kills performance.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 1809 Benchmarks. The Spectre patch kills performance.: Everyone run for their AMD machines, this Spectre patch in 1809 is crucifying machine performance. This is a small portion of benchmarking numbers from our MFC CAD application. It's getting on in years and doesn't use any GPU acceleration. Even an 1809 machine without the...
  8. Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft People app for Windows 10 ditches hamburger menu in latest update: Microsoft has discontinued its own mobile platform but the software maker is still developing mobile-style apps for Windows 10 that are more secure, don’t affect performance, battery life, and can be updated from the Microsoft Store (Windows Store) with a single click....
  9. Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 10586 Kills Game Performance?: Hello, I run Win 10 Pro, and from today i got this big update. But strangely this update killed COMPLETLY the game performance of my pc. no matter how i set the graphics settings, every 5 seconds every game i have lags for about 1 second (unplayable!). I never had such...
  10. Windows 10 can't update because of alleged vestigial software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't update because of alleged vestigial software: At least once a day Windows 10 tells me it's failed to update because the update is incompatible with TrendMicro Antivirus 2009. I suppose it's possible that some traces of that software have survived through nine years and several computers, but I sure don't know where to...