Windows 10: Microsoft document closed unbidden

Discus and support Microsoft document closed unbidden in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was typing away in Microsoft Word and suddenly the document was closed and 2 pages of data were no longer there when I reopened the document. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Judemcd, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Judemcd Win User

Microsoft document closed unbidden

I was typing away in Microsoft Word and suddenly the document was closed and 2 pages of data were no longer there when I reopened the document. I recovered the deleted pages under the recovery. I just want to know what happened that the document was suddenly closed while I was typing.

:)

Judemcd, Dec 7, 2023

2. Microsoft PDF and Document Writer not working

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

Please refer to:

Reader app for Windows: FAQ

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve XPS document writer issues.

• Right click on empty area on Desktop, click on Create and select New text document.

• Open the created text document and type some text (input text as you desire, save and close text file)

• Again open the text document, click on File tab and click on Print.

• Select the Microsoft XPS writer and click on Print button.

• You may select the location to save the file.
    Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 7, 2023
  4. StefanM Win User

StefanM, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Microsoft document closed unbidden - Similar Threads - Microsoft document closed

2. Microsoft Whiteboard documentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Whiteboard documentation: My installation of Microsoft Whiteboard looks nothing like the undated documentation on the Microsoft Whiteboard help site. I don't know if the documentation is outdated or if I'm looking at the wrong documentation or there's something wrong with my installation. I've tried...
  3. Microsoft Whiteboard documentation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Whiteboard documentation: My installation of Microsoft Whiteboard looks nothing like the undated documentation on the Microsoft Whiteboard help site. I don't know if the documentation is outdated or if I'm looking at the wrong documentation or there's something wrong with my installation. I've tried...
  4. Microsoft document closed unbidden

Microsoft document closed unbidden: I was typing away in Microsoft Word and suddenly the document was closed and 2 pages of data were no longer there when I reopened the document. I recovered the deleted pages under the recovery. I just want to know what happened that the document was suddenly closed while I...
  5. Microsoft closing on open

Microsoft closing on open: Hi, I have a problem where microsoft store immediately closes on open.I can't play any of my favourite games like minecraft because it requires me to open the store.When I open it it closes.I've tried to uninstall it and it still won't work.Any solutions?...
  6. Closing of Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Closing of Microsoft account: hi, I'm having Microsoft account having windows 10 purchased and installed on desktop. What will happen if I close my Microsoft account. Will my windows 10 support won't be there? Please explain in brief....
  7. unlicenced document-closes ap

unlicenced document-closes ap: keep getting unlicensed product resulting in me losing my information on all documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlicenced-document-closes-ap/2fd53d2e-a1f2-4253-b2bb-3c692ee23e19
  8. Closing Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing Microsoft Account: So my last microsoft account got hacked so I closed it but it is also the account that I used to set up my laptop. Is there anything I need to do before it gets deleted???...
  9. opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document: I made a short log of the length of time it took me to open, close, and cancel a Microsoft Word 2010 font dialog box. The times to open it were 9.6 and 9.7 seconds. The time to close it were 8.6 and 8.5 seconds, and the times to cancel it were 8.6 and 8.5 seconds. (I used...
  10. Microsoft Document Hyperlink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Document Hyperlink: For an unknown reason, hyperlink in documents sent through my email Microsoft Account, will not open up after it is sent. How is this stopped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-document-hyperlink/35b03ca8-6046-495b-98b2-59c200d89118"