Windows 10: Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade

Discus and support Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Reports have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on Cloud PC, a new service that will allow users to access desktop apps from any device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 2, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade

Reports have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on Cloud PC, a new service that will allow users to access desktop apps from any device within minutes.

Windows 10 Cloud PC is expected to drop sometime between March and June 2021, and new exciting details surrounding the service have now been leaked online.

For starters, Cloud PC is a new Azure-based service built on top of “Windows Virtual Desktop” and it aims to redefine the “Modern Workplace” and revolutionize computing environments.

What is Cloud PC?

With Cloud PC, you can have your own personal desktop in the cloud, which can be accessed from anywhere just like your OneDrive and Google Drive files. Cloud PC would be hosted on Microsoft Azure servers and users can access it using the Microsoft Remote Desktop app for Windows, Android and iOS.

Currently, you can use the Remote Desktop app to mirror the desktop screen to your phone or devices. Cloud PC will take things to the next level with a virtualized version of Windows 10 in the cloud. This will allow you to stream the desktop apps over the internet for improved performance.

Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade Cloud-PC.jpg

There’ll be at least three different configurations for Cloud PC – Medium (general-purpose computing), Heavy (better performance) and Advanced (business customers)

According to a new support document, Cloud PC will also use Microsoft Graph technology, which is a tool for real-time collaboration, Azure integration, and other features. Microsoft Graph v1.0 has been updated to include new APIs for Cloud PC, which suggests that this new service could be ready to roll out in the near future.

Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade Microsoft-Cloud-PC.jpg

“The cloud PC API is in preview and is currently available only to a select group of customers,” Microsoft noted in the document.

Rumours have also indicated that Cloud PC would allow users to stream Win32 apps over the internet to their Windows 10X-powered PCs. The theory makes perfect sense because Windows 10X is going to be a lightweight and web-based operating system with support for apps via the Windows Store.

Support will come for Win32 apps in 2022 when Microsoft is planning to announce Surface Neo with an improved version of Windows 10X.

The post Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 2, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro

Read more: In-Box Documentation Confirms that Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro - Thurrott.com

Brink, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro

Read more: In-Box Documentation Confirms that Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro - Thurrott.com

Brink, Jan 2, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud PC upgrade - Similar Threads - Microsoft document confirms

2. Microsoft confirms Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Windows 11 is a free upgrade for Windows 10: Microsoft is making Windows 11 available as a free upgrade to all Windows 10 users. In theory, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users will also get the update for free if they upgrade to Windows 10. It’s not yet clear if there will be a direct update path to Windows 11...
  3. Windows 11 confirmed in a new Microsoft support document

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 confirmed in a new Microsoft support document: Microsoft is set to announce its new operating system “Windows 11” alongside the new Windows app store on June 24. Although the company hasn’t officially shed any light on what it intends to reveal, we’re pretty certain by now that Windows 11 will be positioned as the next...
  4. Microsoft may have just confirmed Windows 10 Cloud PC service again

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft may have just confirmed Windows 10 Cloud PC service again: Multiple reports have suggested that Microsoft is secretly working on a new Windows 10-powered Cloud PC service to enable a modern cloud-based desktop experience. The launch of Windows Cloud PC service is quickly approaching, and as we get closer, more details are coming out....
  5. Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Leak confirms Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard is set for a new upgrade: A new feature in the forthcoming Microsoft update could help you access your Windows 10 Cloud Clipboard from anywhere as long as you have got an Android phone. Microsoft is working on a new feature that will allow users to copy-paste text and images between a phone and PC....
  6. Sync document files to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync document files to the Cloud: I just purchased a new laptop with windows 10 and and in the process of transferring documents to the new pc. I have the all the files I want under the document file and have copied them to the one drive on the new pc.. However, I can't get them to sync. The copies that are...
  7. Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks: Microsoft removed three upgrade blocks from the list of issues affecting upgrades to the company's Windows 10 version 1903 operating system. We noted in yesterday|s article that users were facing new issues that Microsoft had not confirmed officially at the time even though...
  8. Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Looking for documentation that Windows 10 Pro upgrade is allowed by Microsoft: Hello, With regard to upgrading any Windows 7 machines to Windows 10 before the end of support, obviously the free upgrade has been gone for some time now. However, I have read online and experienced personally that any Windows 7 Pro computer can be upgraded to Windows 10...
  9. In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 News
    In-Box Documentation Confirms Windows 10 Cloud Can Be Upgraded to Pro: Earlier this week, I noted that the only way a Windows 10 Cloud edition would make sense is if it could be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. Today, I can confirm that this is the case. That goes a long way towards answering the most common question I’ve received about Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms that Windows 10 upgrade will not be free after one: Microsoft has been heavily promoting the fact that Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for consumers running Windows 7, 8 or Phone 8.1 when the OS is released later this year. While the company is clearly pushing this 'free upgrade' announcement to make sure they can hit their...